1966 Valiant Convertible

-

ole80grit

Reaction score
I have a couple of Valiants I'm redoing. This thread is about the convertible I'm doing. I have three old cars and none of them was on the road this summer, I don't plan on that happening again next summer so trying to get them all at least on the road. I recently bought the convertible and it does run and yard drive. Want to finish the mechanics and get the interior in better shape.
20210918_192622.jpg
20210918_192641.jpg

Looks like lots of potential. What’s under the hood? What’s your general plans for this one?

Looks like lots of potential. What’s under the hood? What’s your general plans for this one?

170 6 cylinder with 3 on the tree trans. Plan to basically leave it stock. May eventually put a small v8 in it. It came with 273 v8 exhaust manifolds and 3 speed v8 bellhousing. It will eventually need some floor pan work and drivers quarter was banged up and poorly repaired which will have to sometime fix. Main plans is to just drive it kinda like a rat rod and slowly fix it up.

I bought a parts car for it the other day. Hope to get a bunch of misc. parts that I need. Now the fun begins with tearing it apart and getting a garage space back.
20211012_151924[1].jpg

Started tearing the parts car apart. Takes time when trying to save everything coming off it. Need to get it gone soon so can have the spot back before winter.
20211015_183019.jpg

If you don’t need the big convertible top springs, I could use at least one. I’m missing one.

big springs? is that for manual tops? mine is power top and didnt see any springs, but I havent torn into it yet.
Yeah, mine is a manual top. I don’t know if they are on the powered tops.

Thanks for looking. You can see one in this pic. I’ll stop hijacking your thread now :)

3AA7C3B1-B195-48FE-9F01-FBD8F4FA903D.jpeg

-
Back