1967-1969 Barracuda Trunk Weatherstripping

-

bc67barracuda

1967 Barracuda - Fastback
Reaction score
Was wondering if this is the right positioning for the seal to be installed(bottom portion of trunk pictured). Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20130621-00246.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,551
That looks correct to me.....The 2 ends should meet in the middle @ the trunk lock area.

One thing I have done is join the 2 ends on 45's(angle). Same as you would do on baseboard moulding if that makes sense. Joining on a 45 gives more area to be glued to each other.
I have also seen people "clamp" it on after gluing, but cant remember what they used for clamps??

Grab some clothespins....worked for me

Attachments

• Demon Trunk Seal.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 733
that weatherstrip looks strange (incorrect) for a 2nd gen barracuda. one side should have a lip seal and the other side should be flat where it fastens to the body. I can get you some pictures tomorrow it is to dark now.

that weatherstrip looks strange (incorrect) for a 2nd gen barracuda. one side should have a lip seal and the other side should be flat where it fastens to the body. I can get you some pictures tomorrow it is to dark now.

Should it not be offset from center a little also?

yes, at the bottom it should be glued in front of the metal lip not on it. When you see the correct seal it will make sense how it attaches.

yes, at the bottom it should be glued in front of the metal lip not on it. When you see the correct seal it will make sense how it attaches.

Thanks Rocky the pics would be great as I suspect I have been given a possible Dart seal? I was just going to install and that would have been a pain to take off. There are many seals on the market and this one looks like the one you have mentioned?

Attachments

• trunk seal.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 673
now that looks like the gasket above. I got to get the pictures put on my laptop. I am at a friends house will be home a couple hours.

Here is a good picture of what it should look like. If you scroll down the weatherstrip is a lot clearer in shape.

[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mopar-Trunk-Weatherstrip-63-71-B-Body-63-76-A-Body-/310661821908?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1967%7CModel%3ABarracuda&hash=item4854e335d4&vxp=mtr"]Mopar Trunk Weatherstrip 63 71 B Body 63 76 A Body | eBay[/ame]

sorry it took so long.

Hi Rocky last question, does the flat piece(red arrow)abut to the lip of the trunk. It appears to be offset to the right of the trunk latch bolt as 1969383S indicated. Thanks for all your help!

Attachments

• correct_trunk_seal.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 590
  • trunksealallignment.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 638
I only apply adhesive to the wide bottom flat and the short edge butts against the lip. The ripple goes out to divert water.

I just checked my 67 and 69 fastbacks and both are offset to the right side similar to the picture above. but measured both 4.5 inches from center latch hook. Both of these cars have original seals on them.

I normally glue the top piece in and let set up for a day then do the rest. The issue I had installing them is the turns on the top part, which is why I get it started then let the glue setup for a day or so.

Hope this helps...
John

Hi Rocky last question, does the flat piece(red arrow)abut to the lip of the trunk. It appears to be offset to the right of the trunk latch bolt as 1969383S indicated. Thanks for all your help!

-
Back