1967/68 440 HO barn find

-

loops

Reaction score
found ths motor in a tobacco hut, middle of no where north carolina. no intake, valve covers.........spins. Owner says it came out of a police cruiser.

If it's a cop 440 you can count on it being wore-the-hello-out, IMO. Those cars got run hard, and put away wet.

check that motor out look for a m.p. stamped on it i cant remember where it would be but maurice petty the brother of richard petty worked at the n.c.state police garage and he souped up alot of the police motors and he marked them with the m.p. just some fun info for ya.

check that motor out look for a m.p. stamped on it i cant remember where it would be but maurice petty the brother of richard petty worked at the n.c.state police garage and he souped up alot of the police motors and he marked them with the m.p. just some fun info for ya.

More fun info:

I believe that they said that you could buy the fastest car off the showroom that you could get and they guaranteed that one of the cops in the 440 Petty cruisers could have you pulled over within 10 miles...

thanks guys...the dart is sold. Now starting the search for the second build. A friend showed me the 440 HO just to tease me. Interesting info on the NC state patrol. I have seen a few of petty;s cars at a all chrysler yard in Selma, NC.

old wore out engines. ole wore out women, they still fun to ride. . . I remember an old cop car. 440 HO, as a young man we slowed down through his little town in NC> he could catch ya. no problem.

-
Back