1967 Barracua Windshield Gasket Identification

-

mmdoctor

Reaction score
Guys, I have a ’67 Notch and need some help determining what year window gasket I have on the front and back…I think it’s the original ’67 but not sure. A previous owner has done a lot of upgrading to this car and I wouldn’t be surprised if he switched the front gasket to the ’68-’69 model. I can’t see any clips though on the front or back, but not sure if the clips are just not noticeable from the surface. I’ve included some pics to help with identification. In all four corners up front, the top part of the gasket does not meet/come together and looks as though the ’67 corner trim pieces might go there. On the back gasket, it looks as though a small, black, round lockstrip is already installed in the middle of the gasket. If this is a ’67 gasket front a rear, not sure how the cheapy plastic chrome lockstrip stuff will fit on the rear with this black lockstrip already in there. I've given up hope trying to find rear stainless Notchback trim.
Thanks in advance for the help!

Attachments

• IMG_7111.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_7115.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_7118.JPG
    28.2 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_7125.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_7128.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_7129.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_7135.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 159
The picture you have of the rear gasket has the locking strip which you mentioned, this was only used on 1967 Barracuda's. The 67 model didn't come with stainless trim on the front or rear, only 68 and 69, this is probably the reason no clips are present. Not saying one couldn't add the trim from a 68 to 67, you would just need to inquire with someone that has already done this procedure to know what's involved.

Thanks. I've heard about adding the '68-69 stainless trim to a '67...just need to get a '68-69 gasket, the clips, and then find some '68-69 stainless trim from someone. Unfortunately, it's impossible to find rear Notchback '68-69 stainless trim so I'm going to try the original '67 plastic chrome looking lockstrip route for now. I know it will shrink and eventually discolor, but this car is only going to be driven on the weekends in the summer and kept covered in a garage most of the year so hopefully the plastic stuff will hold up a bit longer before it needs to be replaced.

Again, just need to confirm the front gasket is indeed a '67 and I'll buy the correspoding 4 stainless corner pieces and trim. If I have a '67 rear window gasket and it came with the black round lockstrip down the middle, how is the plastic chrome looking lockstrip going to install back there? I'm assuming the car off the factory floor didn't have chrome looking trim up front and black on the back (didn't match).

I was talking with Laysons yesterday about patch panels for the fish (they are being developed) and we talked also about window rubber. Turns out the rubber emergency is due to when they moved the production to Tiawan they forgot some tooling and it had to be remade. There is a container on it's way now. Yipee!

The person on the phone asked if I needed 67 or 68 rubber and I said I really need 68 cause that is what the car I am redoing is but I screwed up one of the rear window SS strips and may have to use the trim off the 67 parts car. he said that the 67 rubber used to be impossible to get and people converted 67s to 68 rubber and trim. Sure emough, looking closer at my 67 it has the 68 trim on it! Double yipee. ow if only I can find one of those trim removal tools.

The picture you have of the rear gasket has the locking strip which you mentioned, this was only used on 1967 Barracuda's. The 67 model didn't come with stainless trim on the front or rear, only 68 and 69, this is probably the reason no clips are present. Not saying one couldn't add the trim from a 68 to 67, you would just need to inquire with someone that has already done this procedure to know what's involved.

-
Back