1967 Barracuda. Horns

-

paulh70

Reaction score
What are the correct horns for a 1967 barracuda fast back ? Bonus points if you know where to get them

Do you happen to know if they are the same as the 68 models “spartan” style horns ? They sell them at Classic industries but I’m not seeing anything that says will fit 67

The item pictured on the Classic Industries website looks exactly like the horns on my 67. I don't know why they show them as 68-up. It's hard to conceive of a reason they would have changed.

The item pictured on the Classic Industries website looks exactly like the horns on my 67. I don't know why they show them as 68-up. It's hard to conceive of a reason they would have changed.

That was my thoughts exactly but there are so many 67 only parts on the barracuda, I wouldn’t be shocked. Like the dam rear view mirror

That was my thoughts exactly but there are so many 67 only parts on the barracuda, I wouldn’t be shocked. Like the dam rear view mirror

If it were 1969 it might have been some kind of new federal regulation regarding the loudness or even the frequency range, but if it changed at all between 67 and 69 it would have been some arbitrary thing like the tone, unless they changed to a new supplier. All the Mopar horns I am familiar with seemed to be exactly the same, but then the newest cars I have worked on are 67s, so I guess I wouldn't know. Usually, when these kinds of questions come up, I go to a Mopar show and look under the hoods.

There were two manufactures of horns during this era, Spartan and Prestolite. I'd have to look to see which I have on my 67.

The difference can be seen easily, one you can see the spiral, the other not. Some horns have a removable brackets some not, the brackets are clocked differently on different horns. When mounted both horns should point down.

So be careful in getting horns.

Alan

Thank you Alan, the ones Classic industries has say they are repro of the Spartan. They look like the ones 4spdragtop posted above. Can you confirm you have the same ones.

01AF1408-E2F2-4E39-AA88-A237A4F80518.jpeg
DB5D72BB-A491-4093-A6AA-D0058156D714.jpeg

Both of my 67s have the spiral type horn, which looks like the one CI is selling.

Contrary to my previous comment here are the two side by side. Didn’t realize I had a pair of Spartans till I went to paint them for a recent project

Black Prestolite
Primer Spartan
6CDC3122-4F1C-4B05-9063-BE6F4489F24B.jpeg

DF3AD8F6-DB6D-4216-AAC5-EB4030769D55.jpeg

As you can see the Spartan is labeled on the rim, the Prestolite is labeled on the horn near the opening.

The Prestolite has a bolt on bracket, the Spartan, welded.
Alan

Ah, they are very similar on the coil side, but the bracket is the giveaway. I guess all of mine are Prestolite. I can't recall ever seeing a welded bracket — it doesn't let you adjust the orientation of the bell.

-
Back