1967 Barracuda rear glass

-

39 chev

Reaction score
I'm pretty new here and have learned a lot already, but here's a question for ya'.

I just picked up a 1967 Barracuda (last night, actually). It is partially disassembled, but is supposed to be pretty complete. Anyway, the rear glass is not in the car. Once I got home and stuck all the parts inside the car, I decided to "set" the rear glass in the opening while I store it in the shed. When I set the rear edge in the flange and lower the glass down in the opening, the glass is too small for the opening. It has probably a 1/2" space between the edge of the glass and the flange on the sides and top of the rear window opening

So, does 68 or 69 real glass have a slightly different size? I'm kind-of stumped, because the glass is shaped correctly for the window opening, just a little too small, so I think it's for a Barracuda, just not this Barracuda.

Any Ideas???

I'm pretty new here and have learned a lot already, but here's a question for ya'.

I just picked up a 1967 Barracuda (last night, actually). It is partially disassembled, but is supposed to be pretty complete. Anyway, the rear glass is not in the car. Once I got home and stuck all the parts inside the car, I decided to "set" the rear glass in the opening while I store it in the shed. When I set the rear edge in the flange and lower the glass down in the opening, the glass is too small for the opening. It has probably a 1/2" space between the edge of the glass and the flange on the sides and top of the rear window opening

So, does 68 or 69 real glass have a slightly different size? I'm kind-of stumped, because the glass is shaped correctly for the window opening, just a little too small, so I think it's for a Barracuda, just not this Barracuda.

Any Ideas???

Did you have the rubber seal in the opening? It will take up that much space.

Did you have the rubber seal in the opening? It will take up that much space.

yup, the gasket that goes all the way around the window is what you are missing, if the glass was bigger than the opening there would be no room for the gasket.

THANK YOU guys. No, I don't have the gasket in there.

That's the problem.

See, I told you I have learned a lot already (but LOTS more to learn)!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

love the 67, 68, 69, barracuda fastbacks!
if I get another one that's what it will be

-
Back