[WANTED] 1967 Barracuda Upper and Lower Trunk Trim needed.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamalam

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I need the upper and lower trunk trim for a 1967 Barracuda. Mine are rough. Are the after market ones actually worth buying? They all say that the bottom one does not line up correctly. How bad are they? Those things are really pricey and if they don't fit well I'm not sure if I should spend the money. Does anyone have experience or pics of them? I would prefer originals but finding them is not easy. Does anyone have a set they would sell me? I would appreciate it.
Thanks Jack.

Cost comparison between new vs aftermarket, I would go aftermarket.
Originals in all likelihood will need restoring(not cheap).
I'll post pics shortly.

Here's pics of aftermarket set on our 67. I have the originals but have kept the repops on for 12 yrs now. At a car show, not one person has told me "ohhh those are repops"
Excuse the **** show in the shop :BangHead:

20240311_170107.jpg

20240311_170112.jpg

20240311_170119.jpg

20240311_170125.jpg

20240311_170131.jpg

4spdragtop thanks for the pics. The trim looks like it lines up quite well. Nobody has replied to say that they don't like the repops so I guess I will order a set. I live in Alberta so I get the winter garage look lol.
Thanks Jack

No problem, glad to help. May as well order from Nigel/National Moparts here in Ontario. Unless there's a distributor out there in the wild west.
4spdragtop thanks for the pics. The trim looks like it lines up quite well. Nobody has replied to say that they don't like the repops so I guess I will order a set. I live in Alberta so I get the winter garage look lol.
Thanks Jack

The aftermarket ones are just plain wrong, in that they sell one piece for both top and bottom. Since the bottom is the one that always gets smashed, a lot of people wound up with top pieces on the bottom. But the end profile of the top piece when flipped over doesn't match the profile of the bottom of the taillight bezel — look at the taillight closely — all the angles are different because the back face isn't vertical, it's on a slant.

From the photo, it looks like the aftermarket replacement trim used a bottom as the model (the bottom matches the taillight better than the top one does). In that case, you should just buy one of them and look for a good used top piece, or have one restored. The top is 5X more common than the bottom.

"Just plain wrong"?? Don't look "wrong" to me. If I get the energy I may dig out the originals, but sometimes **** just ain't worth the effort.
If some dick walks up to me at a car show and said that I'd tell him to fack off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back