1967 Dart Gauge Insert

-
Little update. I've been busy with work and life, but have fit some time in to work on my dash. I've welded studs to the back side of the metal insert to allow for hidden mounting locations. I didn't want to have screw heads on the outside. I finally purchased the VintageAir control unit to be able to finish the insert. I've included a few photo for your enjoyment.

Cheers!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Damn, that's not too shabby at all. Nice work. That little trim piece turned out nice. If it was mine, I'd be sure to point it out to anyone who'd listen.

Damn, that's not too shabby at all. Nice work. That little trim piece turned out nice. If it was mine, I'd be sure to point it out to anyone who'd listen.
Thanks!! A little bit of patience and a little bit of forethought has made the project a blast to do. I've never done any interior work before. I enjoy this hobby because I have the freedom to think outside the box, and try new things instead of paying someone to do them. Do they turn out perfect, no. But, I can say, I did all the work myself and feel proud of the results.

Cheers!

So, I got the glove box door completed today and that finishes up the material work. Being that I've never done this type of work, I'm extremely happy with how it turned out. I still have some gluing to do and painting the lower portion of the dash. I'm also thinking of making a trim piece to go across the dash. Here are a few more pictures for you all.

Cheers!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Very nicely done,im covering my complete metal dash I leather before I start making my gauge inserts.if you have patterns of what you have done I'd really like to have patterns or measurements if you don't mind sharing.

-
Back