1967 Dart GT Windshield Trim

-

rivertaff

Reaction score
I recently bought a 1967 Dodge Dart Gt in amazing complete, all-original condition, except for the windshield trim which was deteriorated and had a silicon gobbed all over it. I planned to replace the windshield trim with all new 68' gaskets, clips, and trim etc. however looking around on the forum I've seen may people saying that it's a risky and annoying installation. After looking into it more I found something similar to factory plastic trim in 67' (Link) which looked like a possibly easier solution. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this situation and can offer their opinion.

Link:
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Dodge Dart 4 piece Chrome Windshield trim set | eBay

I don’t have much experience with the one you listed but most people here have said there is only one company that produces a lock strip that actually fits and they command a heavy price. I’m unsure of the company name but maybe someone can chime in to help you.

I went to 68/69 windshield gasket, clips and trim.
The correct 67 gasket with true lockstrip/trim that comes anything close to the stock set up is nearly like that close to extinct unobtainium stuff.
I originally tried some of the aftermarket marketed as "will work with" but it certainly "wouldn't work with" and be anything close to what it should be.
The 68/69 system works and looks way better imho.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

-
Back