1967 Dart GT Windshield Trim

Mopar Body and Trim

1. rivertaff

rivertaff New Member

Local Time:
    2:47 PM
    I recently bought a 1967 Dodge Dart Gt in amazing complete, all-original condition, except for the windshield trim which was deteriorated and had a silicon gobbed all over it. I planned to replace the windshield trim with all new 68' gaskets, clips, and trim etc. however looking around on the forum I've seen may people saying that it's a risky and annoying installation. After looking into it more I found something similar to factory plastic trim in 67' (Link) which looked like a possibly easier solution. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this situation and can offer their opinion.

Link:
    1967 Plymouth Barracuda Dodge Dart 4 piece Chrome Windshield trim set | eBay

2. 67Dart440GT

67Dart440GT Seriously Long Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:47 PM
    I don’t have much experience with the one you listed but most people here have said there is only one company that produces a lock strip that actually fits and they command a heavy price. I’m unsure of the company name but maybe someone can chime in to help you.

3. 67dartgtgo

67dartgtgo FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    5:47 PM
    I went to 68/69 windshield gasket, clips and trim.
    The correct 67 gasket with true lockstrip/trim that comes anything close to the stock set up is nearly like that close to extinct unobtainium stuff.
    I originally tried some of the aftermarket marketed as "will work with" but it certainly "wouldn't work with" and be anything close to what it should be.
    The 68/69 system works and looks way better imho.
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.