1967 Dart GT

-

Duster Drag Car

Reaction score
Thinking of having my 1967 Dart GT painted B-7 Blue Metallic leaving the fiberglass bumpers and 6 pack hood scoop satin black. It will be a Sherwin Williams base coat clear coat with torque thrust rims 15x5 with 195 x60 front and 15x8 with 275x60 rear tires and a black bumble bee stripe!

DSCN0416.JPG

DSCN0414.JPG

DSCN0417.JPG

Last edited:
I think it will look great in a solid color...BUT....
I have an 80s suburban that had a similar typical 80s paint job ( black, silver and blue). I had it painted white. I turned out to be such a nightmare for the body guy because of the way the paint was layered,he had to take it down to bare metal and start over completely. Basically make sure you take it to a high end place or you will see the old stripes.
You should also get rid of those silly hubcaps.... and sell them to me!

I think it will look great in a solid color...BUT....
I have an 80s suburban that had a similar typical 80s paint job ( black, silver and blue). I had it painted white. I turned out to be such a nightmare for the body guy because of the way the paint was layered,he had to take it down to bare metal and start over completely. Basically make sure you take it to a high end place or you will see the old stripes.
You should also get rid of those silly hubcaps.... and sell them to me!
You don't like the dog dish hub cap look it's an old school thing ?

Rims should go also. Kinda looks like truck tires on it.
those are the rims and tires that came with car there new 15x10 steal rims on the back with 275 radials and new 15 x 7 steal rims with 205x 70 tires on the front had my centerlines from my Duster on the front 15x5 with 185 x65 it did look better but my rear center lines would not fit there 15 x12 with a 29.5 x 12.5 tire guess I figure something out!
Rims should go also. Kinda looks like truck tires on it.[/QUOTE

Sorry for hijacking your paint job post! I was just being a smart *** about the wheels, I really dig em. Those are the best looking for a 67 to 69 dart....in my opinion. I will buy those for sure if you don't want them

No way! I love that look, I was just joking. That's why I wanted to buy them for my dart!
I am aware of the layered paint issue spoke to body shop about it said it will have to sanded down well then sealed before paint, car needs next to no body work but to totally strip car is big bucks!

I like the paint the way it is. If there are no issues with it, i say run it. Its cool the way it is. Just me though.

If it's a drag car and i wanted to spice it up, go with a theme like the dragon. If its a street car. .. just leave it. Dude, its totally sweet. Cars gain noteriety staying the same and being fearsome. Put cash into performance...

I really dig the Dragon Lady scheme!

I don't even want any of your parts either!

I have always like torque thrust Ds. I like em with the straight spoke though. . nice look

-
Back