Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Contact seller
IMG_1176.JPG
All wires in place. Some pitting, not to bad. Has not been tested. 65.00

Above the numbers is DART transister. Its a model 237A. I don't know about the Signet. I know it matches my 67 dart radio

It's a Bendix.
Best of all possible manufacturers of Mopar radios.
Best engineered and best sensitivity and audio.
I put the same size radio into a 65 Dart and a 65 Valiant with no problems.
Later Motorolas the same size did not have chrome pushbuttons or knobs, or as good a selectivity as the Bendix, due to the 455 khz Intermediate frequency, vs 262.5, which the Bendix has.
Snag this radio, dude.

It's a Bendix.
Best of all possible manufacturers of Mopar radios.
Best engineered and best sensitivity and audio.
I put the same size radio into a 65 Dart and a 65 Valiant with no problems.
Later Motorolas the same size did not have chrome pushbuttons or knobs, or as good a selectivity as the Bendix, due to the 455 khz Intermediate frequency, vs 262.5, which the Bendix has.
Snag this radio, dude.
It should fit but I am actually looking for the one that says signet instead of dart. Trying to 100% restore, does anyone out there know the exact radio for the 66 valiant signet?
Thankyou

It should fit but I am actually looking for the one that says signet instead of dart. Trying to 100% restore, does anyone out there know the exact radio for the 66 valiant signet?
Thankyou
It might still have read
Plymouth Transaudio
But could have been Valiant or Plymouth
If I find my 66 parts catalog today, I'll look.

No pictures.
But I bet it wants black face dial saying Valiant.
Same radio next year, virtually.
But I only have 66 book.
Could find a way to have someone take a good picture and have on printed onto a stick on sheet.
Not hard to change the dial plate later.
20160731_154443~2~2-1.jpg

That one is closest to the model 372.
The lower numbers were a radio not as deep, and older design.

Great info thanks. Still trying to sell my radio. It did power up and I think it will work. Does have pitting on buttons. Will fit 67 dart. More pictures to Email if anyone is interested.

Can you take a close up of the buttons? Are the buttons pitted? OR is the chrome plating bubbling? I convert Radios to 180watts 4 channel Bluetooth USB.... Always looking for a good radio...

I'd like to develop a conversion job that does not destroy the TRF design of these original AM classics.
I support FM conversions and alternate audio options, but cringe at the method of and results of the AM after "conversion".
There must be some way to use the full original AM tuning section for its many advantages, simply feeding to an alternate audio input,
which is what I plan when I get forced into a "new" car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back