1967 Dodge Dart - Rear Finish Panel Trunk Deck

-

Jan

Reaction score
Hi,

the previous owner of my dart destroy the rear finsih panel of the trunk :banghead:

there are some screws thru the trunk panel and the trunk lid. look at these pictures:

how is it screwed original on the trunk lid? does someone has some pictures for me? how the bezel look at the back and how the trunk lid looks like behind the bezel?

greetings

Jan

Hi,

the previous owner of my dart destroy the rear finsih panel of the trunk :banghead:

there are some screws thru the trunk panel and the trunk lid. look at these pictures:

how is it screwed original on the trunk lid? does someone has some pictures for me? how the bezel look at the back and how the trunk lid looks like behind the bezel?

greetings

Jan

The trunk lid just like a regular Dart lid that has no bezel. The panel itself is held on with 4 screws, one at each corner, under the trim pieces. The trim pieces have spring clips on the underside that go through the trunk lid and bolt from the inside. Check out my gallery for a pic of the panel...sorry, don't have any of the bare trunk lid or panel install.

The trunk lid just like a regular Dart lid that has no bezel. The panel itself is held on with 4 screws, one at eack corner, under the trim pieces. The trim pieces have spring clips on the underside that go through the trunk lid and bolt from the inside. Check out my gallery for a pic of the panel...sorry, don't have any of the bare trunk lid or panel install.

thanks 65val for you post. i saw this picture in your gallery (i hope i can post it here):

vbpgimage.php

it looks like the previous owner drill holes in the trim and uses the original holes in the trunk lid, right? than i only need the trims i think. what do you think?

greetings

Jan

Oh, yeah...forgot about that pic....

Hard to tell without a pic of your trunk lid, but it sounds to me like you could get new trims ,attach them properly and this would cover up the old holes?

Oh, yeah...forgot about that pic....

Hard to tell without a pic of your trunk lid, but it sounds to me like you could get new trims ,attach them properly and this would cover up the old holes?

today i take a photo of the inside of the trunk lid. maybe we could see more :)

greetings

Jan

i got the used trims for the trunk. but i have a problem. they don´t fit at the corners. are there differences in the trims between the dart models?

in the first picture i put the trunk panel in (red circles):

here is a second picture where i have the problems (also red circle):

greetings

Jan

-
Back