-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyper Kevin

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Ebay has listed a '67 barracuda in Chatham, NY. The owner says that it's a Formula S, but I went to check out the car about a month ago and there was no evidence that it was a Formula S. It's missing the Formula S badging on the fenders, and there's no evidence to suggest the badging was ever there. Also, the fender tag is missing the '7' under F, which I thought was required for a Formula S. He told me that the original documentation said it was a Formula S, but when I asked to see it he said he couldn't find it.

I can verify that, according to the tag, it was a 273 4bbl car with an 8.75 rear. Still, I would recommend you ask for evidence that it's a Formula S before you bid.

Even if it is a Formula S, there are cars in way better shape around. His asking price is way too high. I bought one in similar condition (body was better). It turned into a HUGE project that I never finished. The buyer should be ready to replace all the frame rails, and most of the floors, rockers, and trunk on that one. Then there's the drive train/interior to worry about. Mine turned into a retirement project, might have been done by the time I retired.lol.

Yeah, that car is not for the faint of heart. He should've brought it to Carlisle; he could've gotten 5k for it!:-D

I would guess that's way over priced, or it should make me feel good for having a little more than that in my '67 formula S project, and it has almost no rust...

Wow, that is one big bucket of rust. Makes me appreciate just how little rust my 68 formula S FB had. And at least on mine, the fender tag matches the number stamped in the radiator support and decodes to a real formula S. I couldn't even imagine taking on a project like that without having 2 parts cars sitting right beside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back