1967 GTX stripes replicated in vinyl??

-

MRGTX

Reaction score
These are very simple graphics that should be a snap to re-create in vinyl…still, I don’t see this available out there as a kit.

My dad’s car did not come with this option but he has always liked them. The idea occurred to me that these stripes might make a good Christmas gift. I think he would enjoy a “temporary” installation rather than paint that doesn’t match the build sheet.

I’m pretty sure I can replicate them on my own if I have to but a kit that is professionally cut would save a lot of hassle.

Any suggestions would be very welcome!

5C6DB10A-11AF-4152-A810-1424A2F8D28F.jpeg

Just measure the width and go on-line find a graphics Co. that will sell a roll in what ever color you want !

The trick will be the trunk lid, the strip will roll over that angled edge and not be straight. Will need to be cur for the angle, a bit tricky.

they were painted from the factory so that’s why you don’t see a kit.

Check with Pheonix Graphics. We have a local guy who'll print out custom stripes and graphics for a reasonable price. I'll bet there's one near you. Gorgeous car!

The trick will be the trunk lid, the strip will roll over that angled edge and not be straight. Will need to be cur for the angle, a bit tricky.
they were painted from the factory so that’s why you don’t see a kit.

This is exactly why I want a kit. I've applied simple stripes on two different cars now and they came out perfect but I was lucky to have precisely cut/measured kits to work with. Having to deal with a tricky angle would jeopardize the whole project.

Having the stripes actually painted on like they were on the factory stripe cars would be a lot more expensive and it would also be permanent...not preferable for a car that was just returned to its factory paint. :D

Check with Pheonix Graphics. We have a local guy who'll print out custom stripes and graphics for a reasonable price. I'll bet there's one near you. Gorgeous car!

Thats a good thought. IfI do go through my local sign shop (who did a nice job with my autocross numbers/letters) I would still need to provide them the exact dimensions...I don't have a reference car to work from unfortunately.

The pic is just an example I found on the web with the optional stripes...but I agree about the looks! My pops' car is gold on black...He has had it since I was 3 years old so it's practically a family member. It's also absolutely my favorite car I've ever driven. That big block rumble is like nothing else. Even if it's not extremely quick by modern standards, the near-stock 440 is wonderful. The whole package just feels perfect in a way that's hard to identify. Not a coincidence that my screen name is my initials followed by the name of that car. :D

-
Back