1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S Fastback

-

Prine

A-Body Fanatic
Reaction score
I just bought a numbers matching....67 fastback formula S barracuda.

273 4bbl, auto, 8.75
Burgundy, white interior
bucket seats, console auto

Anybody seen or know any kind of idea about production numbers for such an animal?

:happy1:

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/37573576@N06/6471411963/"]1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

actual car pics to follow later.....

I can be very wrong (half my life)lol, but I thought that the numbers on the Vin, Eng, trans, core support, and 1 other spot were not done until '68

You´re right guys, but the numbers can match just not the vin# on the engine, trans and more. Need to have the accurate stamping on engine block and cast dates and other #... just my 2c.

...and 67 doesn't have the VIN on the engine block.

engine should be 3 to 6 months from SO date from what I understand. But he can get the build card from Chrysler historical for the 67 ($45). The core support and left rear quarter panel and the last of the fender tag SO numbers should match. the IBM card or build sheet will tie it all together.

Some production numbers...

http://www.plymouthbarracuda.net/information/1967-barracuda-production.shtml

Here it is...I have not picked it up yet...but the deal is sealed.
(The pics are in order of the approach I found it... about 10 years ago...cruising alleys)

DSC07242.jpg

DSC07243.jpg

DSC07244.jpg

DSC07245.jpg

DSC07246.jpg

DSC07247.jpg

DSC07248.jpg

I feel lucky.....never would have thought " I " could attain a 67' Fastback Formula S Barracuda...

Sorry I dont have any more pics till after I go get it.

That is a really nice looking fish! And a Ecode as well. Very nice find, and am looking forward to see it home.

Grant

Ok some of you guys need to backup a little.This was his question, quote{Anybody seen or know any kind of idea about production numbers for such an animal?}.I may be wrong but production numbers have to do with how maney cars were built not numbers matching.By the way good luck with the car and I hope you have fun with it. Mark

-
Back