1967 Ratfish Fast Back

-

cybrtygr32

1967 Ratfish Fastback
Reaction score
I found this sick fish in a barn about 7 years ago. I pulled it out with a tractor and a chain. It shows 79,500 on the odometer. It still had the certicard under hood where bought new. 273 engine / 904. I have since put in new trunk pan and rear lower quarter patch panels. New shocks, gas tank, duster brakes, upgraded the rear, new bushings, gas line, replaced rear springs and added new bushings, added new BFG's and new wheels. 15 x7's up front and 15 x 8's out back, 215 x 65 front rubber and 255 x 70's out back. When I first brought it home, I pulled the plugs, poured in a little oil for each cylinder, turned it over with a power handle at the harmonic balancer, poured in some fresh petro and she started! Put it on a rack, changed the trans fluid and drove it. Someone had tried to mate it to an oak tree or something as it has a different driver fender and hood. I've bought a lot of stuff off of Ebay, emblems, bumpers, Head light bezels etc. I do interior work, so will change from the burgundy to possibly black and sublime exterior with a blacked out hood and top of fenders. Thanks for looking and I hope my picture came out where you could see what the ratfish looks like.
An old guy with an old car.

Attachments

• Ratfish with new wheels.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 249
Looks good! Sounds like a good plan. Love the front ends on the earlier Barracudas.

Gee, looks about the same condition as the my '67 F/B that my daughter and I drove from OR to FL the week before last. I LIKE it!!!

Can you please tell me what rear axle you're using, the offset of the rims? I really need something larger than the 24" tall 14's that are currently on mine.

Thnx in advance,
Mike in FL

Thx Mike. My name is Mike as well and the car has been given to my oldest daughter. (I'm doing the work though!). This fish was bought new in Jacksonville Fl. I know what I'm about to say will get me kicked off the board, but I ditched the 7 1/4 rear and dropped in an 8" Granada rear. It has the same dimensions as the little 7 1/4 and the spring pads lined up. I even used the same drive shaft with the addition of a bastard ujoint at the rear. I even used the mopar shock plates by oblonging the holes to fit the ford ubolts. The rims are 8" wide at the rear with a 4 1/2 " offset at the back side. 255 x 70 x 15. It is low as I can go in the front and it could possible go another inch down in the rear, but I like how it sits now. There are several articles on line about the use of a Granada rear. Lot of people think it is a 9". I have a 318 bored 30 over with offenhauser 4 barrel intake, but the little 273 runs good. We were hoping to drive it down to the Emerald Coast Cruizn Show in Panama City this November. Still a bit rough, but a very good start.
Mike in Alabama

Tried to upload another photo, not sure it worked. computer troubles!

Attachments

• Abodiesphoto.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 150
-
Back