-
Status
Not open for further replies.

scot340

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Cast of date 6-23-67 340 engine. I just pulled it out of my running/driving 1972 Plymouth Roadrunner. The only reason I pulled it is I bought a date code correct 340 from GTX John and I am hoping some is looking for a very early "68" 340 for their car. The engine has forged rods and crank. Comes with the oil pan and pistons. When I drove it into the shop on 2/26/2024, she had 45 PSI of oil pressure at idle and an operating temp of 185 degrees. I also have the cast iron Mopar intake 3462848 intake and AFB carb (9755S) available as a separate purchase if interested. The engine stand, semi shown in the pics, is available for an additional $100. It appears the bore is 4.0465. Asking $2000 OBO

P.S. I know it says a "new member" but I am a gold member on FBBO.

340 Eng.jpg

340 Eng 1.jpg

340 Eng 2.jpg

340 Eng 3.jpg

340 Eng 4.jpg

340 Eng 5.jpg

340 Eng 6.jpg

340 Eng 7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I will have to get the number off the carb tomorrow as it is a blizzard here right now. Crazy weather, yesterday it was 55 degrees.

I am interested. Logistics of getting the block from your location to Northern Virginia will be a challenge but not insurmountable. I might have missed it, does this short block include the cam and associated lifters? Also might have missed std bore / .30 over? Suspected compression ratio /piston? Any idea how many miles are on the block?

The cam and lifters were pretty worn so I tossed them. It appears to be a standard bore using my micrometer, 4.04, but a machine shop would have to make that call. No idea on the mileage being how it was transplanted into a 72 Roadrunner. Take a look at freightquotesonline. I had a 450# spot welder shipped from a residential address to my address by FedEx for $359 last October.

The cam and lifters were pretty worn so I tossed them. It appears to be a standard bore using my micrometer, 4.04, but a machine shop would have to make that call. No idea on the mileage being how it was transplanted into a 72 Roadrunner. Take a look at freightquotesonline. I had a 450# spot welder shipped from a residential address to my address by FedEx for $359 last October.
Is there no getting the camshaft back? If that was a four speed engine, I would be interested in the cam. Worn or not.

The carburetor in question is a Carter Competition series 750. Aftermarket Carter carburetor, but a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back