1968 baracuda

-

Grumpyb

Reaction score
I am going to start restoring my cuda this winter and want to put torq thrust d or ii on it but can't find any to fit drum brakes , will the disc brake wheels fit the drum brakes ? it seems from the info I have been able to see that the wheel for dist is made a little bigger inside if that is true then they shoul fit a drum

Grumpyb, Are you looking for small bolt pattern 4'' A bodies up to 1973?
If so I can't help. If 4 1/2'' like the other Mopars the Torque Thrusts will work on drum and disc.
Pictured is B body Torque Thrust and Torque Trust D with drum brakes.
IMG_0011.jpg
IMG_0003.JPG

68 Barracudas have the Small Bolt Pattern. (SBP) That's 5 on a 4" bolt circle. That severely limits wheel selection unless you convert to the more common Large Bolt Pattern. (LBP)

Looks like you are a newby, asking the typical newly question.
I thought the same thing when I bought my first Barracuda in 1969. Went to the tire shop money in hand to buy fancy wheels and got schooled on the BVD Bolt Pattern pretty quickly. That's Barracuda-Valiant-Dart.

I am going to start restoring my cuda this winter and want to put torq thrust d or ii on it but can't find any to fit drum brakes , will the disc brake wheels fit the drum brakes ? it seems from the info I have been able to see that the wheel for dist is made a little bigger inside if that is true then they shoul fit a drum

New to the site not new to the world or cars , been working on my own for 40 years , had a 69 in 75 but I put keystone classics on it , nice wheels but they are a boat anchor

Yeah, Had the small bolt Keystones on my 70 Duster,,In 1974
Please tell us more. You and your car.

-
Back