1968 Barracuda? $60,000? wtf?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
well put guy's the post didn't really offend me {come on my skins got to thicker then that we all know my head is } just the idea that we are continually under valueing are own cars while the E&B body guys are demanding enough to buy a small third world island for theirs , I really belie ve there are fewer of our cars left out there and the basic laws of supply and demand will one day catch up , that said I don't care what my cars worth on the open market cause it ain't for sale I just want the insurance company to value it high enough to actually replace my investment if something doe's go horribly wrong. Keep the greasy side down guys

For what it's worth, I don't look at my Dart as an investment; I put money and time into it because I want it to be a certain way and just happen to love the car. I would never expect to get out of the car what I put into it, unless I found another buyer who loves these cars as much as I do. It's similar to how Realtors view houses as property, whereas you and I view them (for the most part) as our homes to be lived in and raise families if applicable. I look at my Dart as my weekend toy to be thoroughly enjoyed for the car that it is and the reactions (always kind) from strangers who may have never seen one before, and not as a bank account growing with appreciated value.

ditto, thats how i look at all my vehicles. people as me why i put so much work into my 5th ave (after all its just another 80s 4 door), but the answer is always the same, cuz i love it, and its different (built it into a lowrider, with hydros n everything)

I understand what you're saying, BUT nobody is getting anywhere near that price for a second generation Barracuda, unless it's a numbers matching, unmolested, original hemi car.

Asking prices are getting ridiculous, and the add does not show a Barracuda, until you look through the pics. That's why I posted it.

I know building a car is expensive, but usually it's hard to get the money back out of it if you decide to sell . If I put 50K into my Barracuda, I would not expect to get it back.

Hell no, but these greedy, some times ignorant of the car facts dealers don't care about all that. They put a big mark-up on them, hoping a sucker will come along. You know how it goes, a fool and his money soon go separate ways. I hope no one will pay that price. It would be a bad precedent to set. I saw a BO29 Barracuda sell for about $85,000. not too long ago. That is a very reasonable price for such a rare and HIGHLY DESIRABLE Mopar. :wack:

Hell no, but these greedy, some times ignorant of the car facts dealers don't care about all that. They put a big mark-up on them, hoping a sucker will come along. You know how it goes, a fool and his money soon go separate ways. I hope no one will pay that price. It would be a bad precedent to set. I saw a BO29 Barracuda sell for about $85,000. not too long ago. That is a very reasonable price for such a rare and HIGHLY DESIRABLE Mopar. :wack:

You do realize this thread is 8 yrs old!

wow.....talk about reviving the dead......

Oh. Well, uh. Hmm . . . Hey, look over there.

I didn't check first. Gotta get used to checking the date out these here threads! Oops.

well I feel offended because muscle cars prices has gone mad and have hard time to catching up but couldn't I have been off grid for a while then came back in the hobby and shocked me pretty good so but end up 72 duster 340 4 speed clone can make me happy even though still chasing I have not never give up dream searching 68 charger R/T . so I hope it a happy ending for me this time so I believed in 2nd chance to own a mopar once again.

Why do you guys get so butt hurt when someone asks what you consider to be too much for their car? I would think you would all be interested in seeing the man get what he asks. If he gets 60K doesn't that mean that your cars would immediately be worth more? Lots of hating from the cheap seats on here. I see it over and over.
I agree that he may not get it, but what does it hurt to try, and why should he be considered as crazy or stupid to ask?

Your like a bunch of minorities hating on your own kind. #blm ring a bell?

well said momoparman, I didn't realized how expensive to restored but reality so ring it true.

Why do you guys get so butt hurt when someone asks what you consider to be too much for their car? I would think you would all be interested in seeing the man get what he asks. If he gets 60K doesn't that mean that your cars would immediately be worth more? Lots of hating from the cheap seats on here. I see it over and over.
I agree that he may not get it, but what does it hurt to try, and why should he be considered as crazy or stupid to ask?

I'm happy you said it because I definitely agree that my cars are worth more than scrap price.

First of all, no one is getting "butt-hurt" like you crudely put it. I don't ever get hurt over something I have no control. Secondly, if someone gets a high price for a car we all know isn't worth it (not counting the cars that are "restored", that's over-spending, it could and often artificially raises the prices FOR THE REST OF US! Get it? Every jackleg thinks his Mopar is worth big bucks because of auction prices. Thanks to the Baby Boomers who have money now, we are paying much higher prices for what was once a blue-collar hobby. Btw, I am not one of those cheap seat sitters. I have done very, very well for myself. You shouldn't try to get more money for it than it is legitimately worth (again, artificial price raising). Look at the absolutely REDICULOUS prices for the winged cars and the '71 Hemi 'Cudas. Talk about over-priced!

As a side note for everyone, if you are going to restore a car, then restore it. That means, restore it to it's original condition, shape, quality, etc., etc. That doesn't mean make it new with parts it never had. That is not restoring it.

Ok let's make it a law on here that no one can sell anything until it goes under the scrutiny of all members-not just the buyer and seller because as we all know that other people's vehicles/parts are not as valuable as ours because very simply put- we earned our money and the other guys didn't. And about giving parts away, shouldn't we have to give some parts away before we can sell any? Let's make a list of cars and what they are worth with parts also and anyone that sells for what we consider"too high" should get the"backstab "treatment! And we should really do something great for all the "good guys"!!!! That way everyone will want to be a good guy and give cars and parts away! If anyone wants to add to this feel free because I know you have lots more great ideas!!!!

"Secondly, if someone gets a high price for a car we all know isn't worth it (not counting the cars that are "restored", that's over-spending, it could and often artificially raises the prices FOR THE REST OF US! Get it? "

All I get, is that you have no clue what they are worth until you sell one. They are all worth different prices based on their condition and finish level. Either you don't have a car or your a flipper so you like to buy on the cheap then inflate and sell.

You must have a lot of friends who are jack legs, since you know what every one of them thinks. I believe you should get paid whatever you think your vehicle, house, plane etc, is worth. Regardless of someone who "feels" like your charging too much. It's my choice, and I could give a rats ars if you get butt hurt because of it. And your lame argument about artificial price raising? An object is worth EXACTLY WHAT SOMEONE IS WILLING TO PAY FOR IT!

And I would say if your going to "restore" your car you should do so ANY WAY YOU LIKE. restoring anything, means to put or bring (something) back into existence or use....does not have to be stock to be a restoration. Look it up in the dictionary, and while your at it look up ridiculous.

Lastly, I have never seen a "hobby" that wasn't expensive in one way or another so that argument is irrelevant.

I'll stand by my comments, because I have seen this same thread in many different forms show up over and over. Hating on people because of what they believe their car to be worth is just ludicrous.

I appreciate the rhetoric though, and now it's time to get out of this thread.

Good luck with the buying and selling of your cars folks. Price em high and let em fly!

My aren't we all immature. I guess you guys decided to act like children instead of disagree with some class and tact. Hmm.

Bottom line is . . . many people over-price their cars, whatever, hoping to find a sucker willing to over-pay, which I take it NONE of you EVER over-paid for ANYTHING, and according to your responses to my remark, you must not have been too overly upset about it either! Hypocrites.

Btw, mo mopar man, YOU need to look up the definition of restore and read ALL the entries. Sorry, my "argument" as you put it is not irrelevant just because you say so. Not all hobbies are expensive and you know that, so moot point on your end. You are too easy to knock off. I'm done with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back