1968 Barracuda headlight bezel attachment

-

richierichpoky

Reaction score
So before I even attempt to take the headlight bezels out of my 68 Barracuda (to remove some dings) I'm looking to get some tips from someone who has removed them before. As well as maybe an explanation or exploded drawing on how they attach. My car is missing several of the perimeter screws that,it looks like to me,attach the bezels to the fender. Do these screws go thru the bezel & into a hole in lip on fender? Do they have a sleeve they go into?? What do I need for screws??

So before I even attempt to take the headlight bezels out of my 68 Barracuda (to remove some dings) I'm looking to get some tips from someone who has removed them before. As well as maybe an explanation or exploded drawing on how they attach. My car is missing several of the perimeter screws that,it looks like to me,attach the bezels to the fender. Do these screws go thru the bezel & into a hole in lip on fender? Do they have a sleeve they go into?? What do I need for screws??

Have you tried looking in a service manual in the body section????

You can download one free here....

MyMopar - Mopar Forums & Information - Service Manuals

Look around the bezel and I believe that there are about 5 screws that go in there... Definitely one at an angle near the top where the headlight is...

Right, there are several screws around the perimeter of the aluminum bezel that go into the fender. These are chromed oval head screws. Then on the inner side of the round dull gray bezel there is a screw at the top and at the bottom that go into the bulkhead, not the fender, into clip-on nuts. One of those was stripped on my car — the screw just spun and wouldn't come out. I eventually broke it off which solved that problem, but I still need to get the clip nut out of there so I can put in a new one and a new screw. It doesn't matter if these are chrome since you can't really see them. Once the screws are out it is still a tight fit the grill -- be careful when you pull it away. It will probably stick either at the top or bottom.

-
Back