1968 barracuda interior for 1964 plymouth valiant

-

64whiteghost

Reaction score
So I really like the 1964 plymouth barracuda interior for my 64 valiant but the back seat is didferent for the valiant

My brother has a 1968 barracuda. And im wondering if I can get the 68 foam and seat covers and would they work wirh my seat frames for the 1964 plymouth valiant. Has anybody tried this ?

Thoughts ?

Doubt it. Are you talking about a notchback Barracuda? It's probably too wide. And the fastback rear seat would be too narrow and completely different, same problem as the 64 Barracuda.

I don't know what the upholstery pattern is like on a 64, but an upholstery shop could probably make up custom seat covers with the correct stripe pattern inserts.

The buckets might be close enough to work and maybe, just maybe the rear covers for a 68 Barracuda conv. might be close enough to work also. If you could find a 68 conv to measure the seats, that may give you an idea.

The buckets might be close enough to work and maybe, just maybe the rear covers for a 68 Barracuda conv. might be close enough to work also. If you could find a 68 conv to measure the seats, that may give you an idea.
I have a good upholstry place that Has done alot for me and that was one of the options I was thinking. Might be the only way to go.

The only thing that worries me about all the measuring and all that is that once it comes down to it the fabric will not be fitting tight and looking as it should and for that I wont take the risk.

Thank you for your response !

The local place may be your best bet, especially since you know they do good work. What color is your interior? I have a 71 Challenger conv with black top and interior. If I forget, and leave the top down with the car sitting in the sun, and also forget that I did it......talk about getting your butt blistered when you sit down in it! I keep a white beach towel in the car to lay on my seat if I want to leave it sitting with the top down in the sunshine.

The local place may be your best bet, especially since you know they do good work. What color is your interior? I have a 71 Challenger conv with black top and interior. If I forget, and leave the top down with the car sitting in the sun, and also forget that I did it......talk about getting your butt blistered when you sit down in it! I keep a white beach towel in the car to lay on my seat if I want to leave it sitting with the top down in the sunshine.
As of now it is the original Oxford white. I got super lucky on my paint. No rust whatsoever anywhere. Im pretty much going to water sand and respray with single stay paint and just restore the original paint

Have you reached out to Legndary as they make all the seat covers. They may do a one off 64 rear seat with the pattern for the barracuda. They are good like that.

Have you reached out to Legndary as they make all the seat covers. They may do a one off 64 rear seat with the pattern for the barracuda. They are good like that.
Ahhh. Another great suggestion. I have not ! But i will. Because i already pulled the trigger on the front seats. So when i get to the back seat i will definitely reach out to them

Thank you !

-
Back