Not open for further replies.

cosgig

MoBro Inc.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Contact seller
Howdy all, cosgig here. I thought I would pass along a car thats for sale near me for the needing public!! It's a 68 Cuda Notchback parts car, 273 auto/7 1/4 rear. Frames are rusty, both torsion bar mounts are gone but it does have nice grilles, nice rear tail trim, and a really nice interior. The dash is near perfect as this car has been off the road since 1982.

I have the owner down to $1550.00 and that comes with an extra center console, but it was too much for my pocket as I really don't need anything from it but the dash frame, which is drilled for the 68 lower pad!! PM me if you're interested in the car and I'll put you in touch with the owner!! Have a good-un' y'all!! Geof

Attachments

• 100_4175.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 601
  • 100_4173.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 598
  • 100_4172.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 593
  • 100_4171.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 582
  • 100_4170.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 576
  • 100_4176.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 619
  • 100_4181.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 618
Wow I would love to buy that red upper dash I have a near mint black one in my car cause I could never find a deep red one in any good condition at all good luck to who ever picks this up does not look that bad from the surface

Howdy all, cosgig here. I thought I would pass along a car thats for sale near me for the needing public!! It's a 68 Cuda Notchback parts car, 273 auto/7 1/4 rear. Frames are rusty, both torsion bar mounts are gone but it does have nice grilles, nice rear tail trim, and a really nice interior. The dash is near perfect as this car has been off the road since 1982.

I have the owner down to $1550.00 and that comes with an extra center console, but it was too much for my pocket as I really don't need anything from it but the dash frame, which is drilled for the 68 lower pad!! PM me if you're interested in the car and I'll put you in touch with the owner!! Have a good-un' y'all!! Geof

was the owner as honest as you with the description? Nice job! Thanks

The owner is a pretty nice guy, although a Ford man, and he knows that the frame and stuff is wasted. He just bought the car about 1 1/2 months ago to flip it, so I'm guessin' that he has about 1K into it!! He rejected my offer of $1300.00 with the console and his bottom dollar (at the moment) is the above mentioned $1550.00.

His sign does mention "Mop Top"? and "How long has it been since you've seen one of these"? When I told him "everyday when I wake up", he got a little tiffed and said "Yea, because you own one"!! Well, thats when I had to inform him that I was the type of customer that he was needing to make a sale, and that someone who hadn't seen one in a long time would not understand the true value of the car, or be able to take stock of what is actually there and make an educated offer!! I think he's looking to make a few more $$ than I offered, but I have a feeling that I will be receiving a call on it. I'm gonna give it 2 weeks and call back and check on it!! We'll see what happens!! Geof

The owner is a pretty nice guy, although a Ford man, and he knows that the frame and stuff is wasted. He just bought the car about 1 1/2 months ago to flip it, so I'm guessin' that he has about 1K into it!! He rejected my offer of $1300.00 with the console and his bottom dollar (at the moment) is the above mentioned $1550.00.

His sign does mention "Mop Top"? and "How long has it been since you've seen one of these"? When I told him "everyday when I wake up", he got a little tiffed and said "Yea, because you own one"!! Well, thats when I had to inform him that I was the type of customer that he was needing to make a sale, and that someone who hadn't seen one in a long time would not understand the true value of the car, or be able to take stock of what is actually there and make an educated offer!! I think he's looking to make a few more $$ than I offered, but I have a feeling that I will be receiving a call on it. I'm gonna give it 2 weeks and call back and check on it!! We'll see what happens!! Geof

I thought mod tops were 1969-70 only? Is this a late '68 model that somehow got that option?

I thought mod tops were 1969-70 only? Is this a late '68 model that somehow got that option?

Nope, this ain't even a Mod Top car!! He put that on the sign to make a point that it could be changed to a Mod Top if the new owner wanted!! This is after our discussion of what the car actually was and the condition of the frame, trunk, rear perches and trans crossmember. His comments on the sign allude to his effort to make it out better than it is, contrary to his acknowledgement that the frame is wasted. He told me that someone had offered that the X-member could be fixed for $450.00, and I guess that he was basing his comments on the sign on that. I pointed out the front frame damage and rear spring perches and trunk rust, and he knows it ain't gonna see the road again.

It is just what I assessed to him and y'all...a good parts car for someone with a 68 Cuda that needed some nice trim and interior stuff, but a bit overpriced for someone like me to make any $$ on selling the parts outright. If he had taken my offer of $1300.00, which I think was a pretty fair price, we would be discussing what y'all need from it right now!! He has $2300.00 obo. on it!!! I think my $1,300 may end up being just that, his best offer!!

He had to say goodbye to me, my trailer, and my buddies Benjamin, Benjamin and ...well, you get the point. Hard to say goodbye to those guys!!! We'll see!! Geof

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back