1968 Barracuda tail light lenses, who to buy from?

-

JGC403

Reaction score
I need to get new tail light lenses for my '68 Barracuda. I'm going to get the bezels re-chromed so i just need lenses. I have only found 2 sources so far, besides finding good OEM ones, PG Classics and Herb's Parts. Both are around $300, with that kind of money they better fit. But I have read on here that PG Classics aren't very good. So are Herb's any better? Or can they be had from another source?

I need to get new tail light lenses for my '68 Barracuda. I'm going to get the bezels re-chromed so i just need lenses. I have only found 2 sources so far, besides finding good OEM ones, PG Classics and Herb's Parts. Both are around $300, with that kind of money they better fit. But I have read on here that PG Classics aren't very good. So are Herb's any better? Or can they be had from another source?

cheapest I`ve seen is $340 plus shipping on ebay. too much for me! let us know if you find better .

Classic Industries: PN# MA2078 for set $294.99

Layson's Restorations: PN# 68C-RT $142.00 PN# 68C-LT $142.00

Herbs are sourced from PG Classics, I bought PG Classics housings and lenses through Herbs and BEA Restoration and the lenses did not sit deep enough in the housings, was not happy with them. I have recently talked to Laysons and was told that they manufacture in house those same parts and it's a different process that what PG uses. Laysons is also in process of making all the front grill pieces as well and hopefully by fall will be ready, I'm going to try their products as I was not impressed with the other vendors items.

The front plastic grille pieces for a 68 I had from PG Classics were actually spot on believe it or not, compared them to a NOS set I have and the reproduction set was identical the only difference is they come in black and not the factory silver/argent colour.

-
Back