1968 Bullit Dodge Charger

-

det45

Det45
Reaction score
Does anyone know if FNAbody (Mark R. Pepin) is still posting on these fourms? I came accross an old post from around 2009-10 where he was selling his replica Bullitt 68 Charger. Does anyone know if he still has this charger and/or who bought it? If he still has it I am very interested with an offer he will like a lot. here's a picture from his post. Thank you......Det45

Attachments

• 2541.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 360
Just talked to Mark, He said it was Sold last year.

I can't imagine its the same car, but it would be a cool pair to have..... these guys were cruising at a local car show together about two years ago.

Attachments

• Cool_desert_Nights_09_005[1].jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 282
  • Cool_desert_Nights_09_013[1].jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 296
except that pig of a 390 would have been out of view in real life......

No kidding. My mild 390 (head work,came ,intake),was a turd. On the Bullitt DVD,the commentary quoted "the stock Charger 440 ,walked away from the modified 390's".

No kidding. My mild 390 (head work,came ,intake),was a turd. On the Bullitt DVD,the commentary quoted "the stock Charger 440 ,walked away from the modified 390's".
f e fords are only serious as 427s or 428s

Regardless of the cars, that WAS a badass movie.

Sometimes I'm tempted to throw some black on my car and get some caps for it.

f e fords are only serious as 427s or 428s

It took "Old man" Tasca telling Ford, "Hey, you gotta give me something to compete with these Chevies and Dodges" before the Mustang could even think about competing.

Even he knew they sucked- he pulled a Norm Kraus and built a motor for a Mustang then presented it to the Ford guys

The Hot Rod article had a write in ballot,along with the Tasca mule test.Needless to say,Ford's P.R. desk,had a lot of extra mail that month.

15-20 years ago, one of the Mopar mags did an article on the Bullitt movie. They interviewed stunt people and others involved. IIRC the stang was so wimpy, they had to install headers and I think a rear end gear just to make it believable. They also had to beef reinforce the chassis. meanwhile the stock Charger calmly kicked butt. The original mustang was supposedly sold to a secretary.

Pretty good chase except for the ending, and a couple dozen hub caps flying off the Charger. Oh, and a dubbed in sound track that made the mustang sound like an 8,000 rpm roadracer with a 10 speed manual trans complete with double clutching. It's probably better to watch with the sound muted. Saw this movie in a drive-in when it was new and fell asleep because I had just finished a double shift.

Ford has really gotten a lot of mileage out of that green car and the legend has grown way out of proportion. But...I'm pretty sure I used to beat 390's with my 273 Commando 4 speed 67 cuda.

Was the Charger a 440? It was not an R/T in the movie. Coulda been a 383-4. Nice to see someone made at least one tribute Charger anyway.

Agree,on the soundtrack and hub caps. Try and find a car chase,as nasty and raw as that one.

-
Back