Status
Not open for further replies.

sneke_eyez

1974 Dodge Dart 2dr 318V8
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Trying to help a guy I know sell his 68 Dart instead of sending it to the crusher - Please call him on the phone, please do not PM me or contact me about the car, it is not mine, just helping a friend.

1968 Dodge Dart 4 Door.
Located in Waltham, MA, right outside of Boston.
Running 225 Slant 6, automatic on the column (gotta be an A904).

Car was purchased from the original owner in about 2004, driven by his son for a few years, and then stored in the garage it is currently in, up on jack stands, in 2007 or so.

It is wedged into a garage that it barely fits in, but its all there, seats, original trunk mat, dash, etc. Its like the project version of a grandma car.

The paint is not good by any means, it looks like it may have been completely spray bombed a dull red, but its not the worst spray bomb job I've ever seen.

There is some rust in the lower quarter panel on the passenger side, some rust along the inner fenders, a few spots in the trunk, and a few dents in the passenger side of the car and one decent one in the driver's fender.

The frame rails in the rear appeared to be good from all angles I could see, the torsion bar crossmember appeared to be good as well.
The rockers seemed to be good as well.
The rear window corners and the trunk rails were also good.

No matter the case, this is a project, not some minty-mint grandma fresh score, though I'm sure you've established that already.

It might be best for parts, especially if you have a 67-69 Dart yourself, or you could do what I wish I had the time to do and try to save it.

I'm sorry I do not have any pictures, but I did look the car over pretty extensively and I have described it to the best of my ability.

He is asking $1000, but I am almost positive he would take a fraction of that, like $4-500.
He was asking me to make him "any offer" so that he can get it out of the garage, but I just can't justify the project right now, it would just sit at my property and rot. He needs the space in the garage for rental purposes, so he is extra-motivated.

Again, it is located in Waltham, MA, right outside of Boston.

He's a nice guy. Feel free to tell him Ryan sent you.
Please do not PM me regarding this car, I have laid out everything I know about it in this post.

Not trying to be a buzz killington here, but:

Excerpt from admin rules on posting for sale ads

11. Do NOT post email addresses or phone numbers in your ad or in any response to an ad. Use the PM feature. Only FABO Gold Members may place email and phone numbers in ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back