1968 dodge dart sports special ?

-

DARTGAME

SuPeRcHaRgEd
Reaction score
pick up 68 dart sports special this weekend. does anyone know anything about these cars. cna't really find any info on them or if it really is a true mopar model. the car is a post window. I really haven't tried any other sites or message boards due to people being unfriendly. this site is my car club, so any info would be great. thanks Ian :?:

Western sports special was a california and some other states only car, I think arizona? I had one, it has some different options like sport steering wheel 10" drums. I am sure some other peope know more then me. Mine had no badges on it.

Thanks for the replys. I was curious about them and glad to see that chrysler had offered them. Mine does have the 10"power drums, p/s steering 20:1, and 14" wheels with unique hub caps. vinyl roof and more chrome than I would like. I will try to post some pics tonight if time permits. thanks Ian

I own a 68 2 dr. sedan, sports special. If you go to my photo gallery you can see it. I'm doing a body on resto with underlying upgrades. Mine originally came with a 198 slant, 3 on the tree, 7 1/4 open rear 3.21 gears, manual steer., manual drums, 9in. in front. bight dlue,white top, two tone blue interior. It will be 318,8 1/4 , 3.21 track lock, aluminum a833 over drive 4 speed, manual front disks, big front n rear sway bars. Body n interior is going to be very original looking, except wheels ans tires, and retro suntune tach on column. I would like for us to share pics and car info . Get ahold of Galen Gavier/GTS, for all your cars info. They are a seldom seen model and I still don't have all the info about them. They are not a western sports special !! Different model!! Good luck n keep us posted!! Thanks !!

I'm still around even after eight years. Still have the car too. The car is completely different now though. No badging or chrome. 383/727/8.75 combo. Four wheel discs from mp brakes. Six pack hood. I have owned two sports specials. Kept this one.

Ian

Eight years go by and still no pics ? And they call ME slow !

1968DODGEDARTSEDAN001-1.jpg

When I first got it, I have a ton of build pics but nothing recent
DSC01762.jpg

After a year, drove it daily for awhile
1465D4EF-C558-449B-8FD3-30E611F00281-414-00000194386A8F78.jpg

Now putting it back together

Thank you sooo much for the pics !! I didn't even realize when I wrote ,that the thread was that old??? I'm really not dense or slow minded !! No really!!! It's really nice to finally see a dart sub model like mine in the club !! Are your fender badges in good shape also?? If removed ,would you like to sell them??

Glad you like the pictures. I actually sold them back in 2008 to member on here. He lives in the bay area and has a car just like yours same color.

Ian

Thank you very much !! I would really like to see your car now !! I'm sure I'm not the only one. Did you ever find all the info about a 2 dr.sedan,sports special?? Is the other guy from the bay in FABO??? If so what is his member name?? Thanks for sharing !!!

Thanks again !! I'm in northern cali. also. I'm originally from santa maria/pismo beach. Never stop lovin the ocean !!!

-
Back