1968 formula s 383

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
like I said in the PM I sent to you I paid 12, and then paid for some parts that were missing, along with shipping it home (600 bucks) new carpet kit installed 400 plus my time. So are you saying I got screwed in buying this (more than likley 1 of 1 with these opptions) ? What do you other A body guys think. Am I trying to take advantage of Mcdough? P.S. He offered 10,000 to begain with and I counterd with I'm trying to get close to 16,000 I wouldn,t want to unfair with our buddy from the north.

I like your car. But……….

We have recently had 2, 1969, 383 Barracudas advertised on here. Both, matching number cars.

One rougher than yours but well optioned. The other about the same as yours…..

The one that was about the same condition as your car started at $18k also. It was last advertised at $12k-ish and did not sell.

The fact is these cars are not selling fast at that price. You paid $12k sounds like you have another grand in it. Your shipping cost doesn't matter. 1 of 1 with those options, means little on an a-body.

You did not get screwed paying $12 for the car but you probably won't make anything on the flip either.

I was asking $18k for my 62,000 mile 340, Formula S, 4 Speed and had ZERO interest.

DSC00056.jpg

I was thinking the average rust in other cars puts you up there on restoring it. I just got an guestimate on another car to put patch panels in the lower rears and one lower front fender and strip and put in primer 5800.00 so it's going to make you money there. Also this car was in storage for the last 30 years and it has alot of gas receipts that tell the history of how the first owner kept track of his MPG the whole time he owned it. His aim was to get the most mileage he could. So it was babied most of it's life. This is only the second car I,ve had that had this much documentation. Also other than a few HEMI & 440 cars this is as big as it gets for A bodies. You might even say the superbird of A bodies.

What you don't understand is that none of that really matters. The car still needs to be restored. Paint, interior and trim restoration alone will put a person upside down in the car with an $18k or even $16k price point.

I wish they sold for $18k in that condition but they don't. Sorry.

This car was last at $13,000. It's comparable to your car in my opinion.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=91182

Oh…. The old "If I can't make a big profit I will destroy it's value" threat. What will that do for you?

I think you were expecting an easy flip. I don't think it will happen. It's no big deal really. You got the car a little under market value (prices are very soft at the moment).

I think it will bring the $16k you want, but it may take some time.

Really, I'm just sick of people using this sight for car flipping.

Now that I think about it……. Just crush it. That way this thread will go away.

No not that at all, but a local guy said he would give me what I got in it. Says he is not going to make one out of it. but I think he will. Thats all he does. When he first seen it he commented on how much he could sell the manifolds for on EBAY. As far as an easy flip, I found a 64 fury I got to have. never fails soon as you spend your cash something you had your eye on for ever goes up for sale.

If you really have a guy lined up - local to you - that will give you what you say he will...MEET HIM AT THE BANK, do the DEAL, then buy him dinner!

Just wanted to say that I love your car. Looks like it is in great shape.

By the way not sure how these messges work but I was speaking of the 1968 Formula S 340. Beautiful car. This is a really great site.

To KDTJB: Just wondered if you let the car go to your local guy? I am willing to go 12,800.00 for it seeing that you have put tires and carpet kit into it. I am wondering if the original carb with numbers matching is also with the car as it was on Ebay. I have been looking for a 68 383 for awhile and as I said I just missed bidding on this before he took it to the Strip. I have 2 68 318's and they are both california cars. I picked one up in Wyoming and the other in Nevada. I am way up in Northern Ontario which is about 3200 miles from you. There and back is a hike. I am talking alot more than the 600.00 bucks you put in for shipping. I know that is my problem and I certainly do not want any bad feelings but I really would like you to keep me in mind for the car but I really cannot go anymore than the 12,800.00 cash that is all I have plus the cost of going to pick up the car. It really is not a market for cars or anything for that matter right now with the economy in the shape it is and I hope that if you can get your 18,500.00 for it, it will go to someone who will not strip it down. It is a nice looking car. Anyway I won't bother you again but if you don't sell it please keep me in mind. Thanks John

I sent you a couple of PM's about trading. Before you make it a race car consider my car In trade that I sent you pics on. I would do your car justice and fix it up too keep to go with my 68 Dart GT

Mcdonagh ... make him a deal with one of the 318 cars plus cash ? Then you will have another 318 and a 383 car ....

1968formulaS340 > BAD ride ... i like that .... then i would take a 340 equipped original over any bigblock .

A68DART360 I didn't get your pictures. I am willing to look at trades. And I'm not going to let this car get cut up into a drag car, but I had to see if any one would come to her defense. Here are some more pictures of what we did last week end. Also sent Mcdonah a PM.

DSC00105.jpg

DSC00106.jpg

DSC00110.jpg

Wow, heck of a car. Good luck with the sale I wish I was out of college and working as this is a dream car of mine, missed out on one a few years back when I was 16 and haven't been able to let go of how much I'd like to have one yet.

There you go > kdtjb willing to make a deal + trade .....McDonagh you may still own it ...

I like the 383 FS looks like a nice car. What are you asking for it.

Just curious if you sold the 68 383 barracuda yet? Still interested! Let me know Thanks John

Put it on carsonline.con and it sold the first day got deposit today. It's new home will be Alabama, the new owner is a great guy. Only question he asked me was whats the vin # when I gave it to him he said My check is in the mail. I asked did you own this car before, he said no, but you are sure thats the vin #? I said yep. He said again "the check is in the mail" Go figure?

Good for you thats great. It was a nice looking car. Hope you got what you wanted. Thanks for getting back to me. Have a great day. John

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back