1968 Formula S...modify it beyond return?

-
What the hell man?!?! the factory did NOT make it the way they did to make it the best car they could. They made it the way they did because of the beancounters! And honestly, it's a PLYMOUTH, the factory tolerances were ****. Body panels not lining up, engine decks not square, bias ply tires, do I need to go on? Do you REALLY want a car like that, or do you want to make your car nice for you? If some asshat complains that there isn't overspray under the dash on some particular part, he can go piss up a rope.

The factory does not NOT know best, the factory knows CHEAP.

Either make the car completely bone stock with plastic seat covers and put it in a pure nitrogen atmosphere and polish it with a cloth diaper like those assholes with their 356 Porsches in the PCA, and yell at your five year old kid when he so much as looks at the car when he has an ice cream cone, or build YOUR car the way YOU want it, DRIVE it to go get ice cream with your kid, and enjoy it and life. Which will make better memories for the tyke?

It's just a car.

I'd hate to see a really nice Formula S mini-tubbed but everything else is fair game to me. You have nice wide rear wheel wells as is. But like others have said, it is your car. I have spent a lot of money replacing the oil pan, air cleaner, console, original trans, and other parts I threw in the landfill, for my 68 383 Formula S. Not to mention the B & M Starshifter, Centerline wheels, and Fiberglass Hemi front clip that I did not need to buy. The 68 Formula S is one of the coolest cars ever made by anyone.

-
Back