1968 Formula S...OK to keep modifying?

-

michformulaS

Reaction score
10 years ago I went looking for another 1970 340 Duster like I had in high school. I came across a 1968 Formula S 340 Barracuda P code with a great body (California black plate) and a weak 318. I had no idea how to do body work so at 31 years old I thought great buy with a weak 318 and a machined 340 1970 block in a crate came with it. I drove it for 5 years then built the 340 into a very stout 416 with Rick LaPouttre's help (racingengines.com). I have enjoyed it very much the last couple years regularly driving it daily on sunny days with 2800 Coan stall, stock trans and 3.23 open rear. I figure the open rear and 3.23's have allowed my trans to live. I am now wanting more off the line....shove you in the seat feeling. I figure with 3.91 sure grip I will like it but figure I am now going to have to weld in some sub frame connectors and I have this want to change it to a manual trans....OK am I ruining something? It is a NOM motor anyways but with all original panels Formula S car am I ruining anything? I would sell it and start with something less but this has been mine the last 10 years and it doesn't really seem like my car is worth any more than any 68 FB Barracuda in the same shape anyway. I am saving most original parts like the intake and exhaust manifolds and so on. What would you do?

Go for it. It's not like it's anywhere near close to original. Make it what you want.

-
Back