1968 gts head rest or no ?????

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
I have a true 68 gts i have no head rests the seats were re done by first owner with stock covers but she is dead so i cant ask her.
i have seen pics with and with out them so can any one please tell me how its suppose to be.

thanks

Headrests were mandatory as of January 1, 1969, however, they were optional in 1968 so it would depend on what was ordered for the car. Either way is acceptable. Have you looked for the build sheet??

some did some didn't, my big block car that was built in hamtramck doesn't. my dads 340 car that was built in LA does.

my car was a la built car
prod date of 9-26-67
no build sheet so far were on a bodys do they hide it
i had seats out front and rear and never found it and the fact that some one recoverd the fronts makes me wonder if they pulled it and lost it

I would agree with everyone else, it would depend on how it was ordered/built. I have a 67 GT with only a drivers side headrest, the buildsheet shows it to be correct and an ordered car. Think I found the buildsheet under the springs of the rear seat, on another 67 I had I found the buildsheet taped to the back of the glove compartment.

you gotta love the build sheet game can be any where

They were optional.. driver only, passenger only or both.

68_Dart00161.jpg

-
Back