1968 Hemi Dart wheel well templates

-
—-
These look good. A lot of work have gone into these. I’m not seeing it marked on the template but do you have the distance between the axle centreline and the front of the finished opening?

That is not a good reference point to start from so I did not include that measurement.
If you wondering what size tire you can run, that I did include. With the first generation cutout you can run a 27”+/- tire and with the second generation cut out you can run up to a 30” tire.

No two were exactly the same.
I owned three Darts and they were all different as delivered.

Your 100% correct John. This template is the design that the Hurst employees started with and as time went on they started taking liberties in the shape.

On my car it looks like it would be 16 1/2” to 16 5/8” when using the “Second Generation” cutout from centerline of the axle to the most forward wheel well. I have the first generation cutout on my Dart and that measurement is 14 7/8”.
If I was building a race car or a car with custom wheels I always tell them to get the wheels and tires and then build the car around those wheels. You can always take my template and push it forward on the car and make it as big as you want. This way it will give you the factory shape that your looking for.

Malex, on your car if your just looking for an extra 1/4” or so you can shim the front hanger back. I know, it goes against many things but I have seen no loss in ET of 60’.

On my car it looks like it would be 16 1/2” to 16 5/8” when using the “Second Generation” cutout from centerline of the axle to the most forward wheel well. I have the first generation cutout on my Dart and that measurement is 14 7/8”.
If I was building a race car or a car with custom wheels I always tell them to get the wheels and tires and then build the car around those wheels. You can always take my template and push it forward on the car and make it as big as you want. This way it will give you the factory shape that your looking for.
—-
Thanks for the info and that’s right. Yes anywhere from 16” to 16 5/8”. Those factory wheel tubs are not exact from car to car or even side to side for that matter. For guys that want to fill Superstock openings up the front of the tub can get tight when getting past a 30” diameter. Not just at the lower front but also at the inner tub where it comes around the tire face. I raised mine some more there as well. These SS Darts sure do look good with lots of tire under them. You’ve done a very nice job on those templates, a load of work.

0AB5FC86-7809-4E98-AF34-E8B74F4C5351.jpeg

Malex, on your car if your just looking for an extra 1/4” or so you can shim the front hanger back. I know, it goes against many things but I have seen no loss in ET of 60’.
—-
Thanks, on my car the springs are relocated inboard so no shimming. The options I have is either drill another hole in the spring box or another pin hole in the spring perch. For car shows and around town it’s perfect as is but one day this Hemi Dart will make some passes. Good luck with the templates, guys will be happy with them .

578F198E-F720-4FCF-BA58-CF9D78EC89E9.jpeg

1968 Super Stock Hemi Dart wheel well cut out Templates.

At last, we finally got these done. I have been asked to do these for several years and now they are complete. I have been following these cars for over thirty years and the question has always come up, “What shape did they use on the rear wheel cutouts?” The truth is back in the day there was a template, but the workers took “liberty’s” when cutting them out. There were at least two common versions used and this template has both of them are on this template

1. What you get is a complete template that has both the first and second generation of wheel well cut outs.

2. Complete 8 page set of instructions with illustrations that tells and shows you step by step on how to perform this procedure using simple tools.

3. List of “Helpful hints” that will help you complete this task.

You get all this for $85.00 plus $24.50 shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states. For other locations please contact me and I’ll figure out the shipping cost.

My email / PayPal account it Tbray255@sbcglobal.net

I prefer PayPal or money order. Thanks for looking.

Troy Bray

View attachment 1715919641

1968 Super Stock Hemi Dart wheel well cut out Templates.

At last, we finally got these done. I have been asked to do these for several years and now they are complete. I have been following these cars for over thirty years and the question has always come up, “What shape did they use on the rear wheel cutouts?” The truth is back in the day there was a template, but the workers took “liberty’s” when cutting them out. There were at least two common versions used and this template has both of them are on this template

1. What you get is a complete template that has both the first and second generation of wheel well cut outs.

2. Complete 8 page set of instructions with illustrations that tells and shows you step by step on how to perform this procedure using simple tools.

3. List of “Helpful hints” that will help you complete this task.

You get all this for $85.00 plus $24.50 shipping anywhere in the lower 48 states. For other locations please contact me and I’ll figure out the shipping cost.

My email / PayPal account it Tbray255@sbcglobal.net

I prefer PayPal or money order. Thanks for looking.

Troy Bray

—-
What a terrific deal for anyone building a Super Stock Hemi Dart!

I’m real close in releasing our templates. The template it’s self is done along with the introduction and instruction sheets. I picked up the shipping supplies along with color coded Sharpie markers that are needed to do the job. I’m real excited about these templates and they would of never happed without the help of Steve Wall (Autoxcuda). Steve took the information that has taken me years to gather and together we got it down on paper in a way where anybody with metal fabrication skills can do this job themselves. Steve and I have over a hundred hours in making these and it took eight revisions on the template alone to get them to a point were we feel it’s good for everyone. I still need to do a few things before releasing them but you will be able to see them first time at Spring Fling car show on April 23rd and 24th at Woodley. I will have a special display showing both my LO and BO replicas along with never seen before original paper work telling all you want to know about these cars. To be honest with everyone this has been a 30 year dream of mine and I want to share it with everyone. So come out and enjoy the day. Go to CPWCLUB.COM for more details about the show.
Spent a lot of time in the tent admiring your cars last weekend. Eventually I will add a super stock hood to my Dart and you answered my questions about the hood scoop stand-offs.

Spent a lot of time in the tent admiring your cars last weekend. Eventually I will add a super stock hood to my Dart and you answered my questions about the hood scoop stand-offs.

Yes, I remember you very well. What a crazy weekend! I hope I answered your question and if you ever have any other question don’t hesitate to ask. Thanks again, Troy
B32F80CB-2E0E-4B8D-B331-3C9CB9E1EA1A.jpeg

-
Back