-
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimK

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have for sale a Mexican built 1968 Dart GTS. I bought this car last fall when I got tired of looking for a 69 GT for over a year. Of course I found a 69 shortly after buying this GTS so now that spring is here I am ready to sell this car. The car is very nice body-wise as it spent all it’s life in Mexico up till last summer when it went to Florida which is where I got it from. The car is a 318 4-speed. The Mexican built GTS cars only came with a 318 unlike here in the U.S. where a 340 or 383 were available. The car has bucket seats with no console. The rear seat has a fold-down center armrest which is kind of cool. I don’t know if the seats are original or not but I have been told that the Mexican Darts did come with a center armrest in the rear seat. They also came from the factory with rally dashes like the 68 Barracudas here in the U.S. The speedometer reads in kilometers per hour rather than M.P.H. The dash also has a factory tach. I don’t believe the dash frame in this car is the original though as the car has the ignition switch on the column rather than on the dash so my guess is someone put a 70 style dash frame and column in it somewhere in the past. The car is heater delete as you might expect for a car from Mexico and is radio delete also. The engine looks like it has never been out of the car. It looks like it is stock other than headers and has dual exhaust that dump at the rear axle. It has 17” wheels on it as you can see that are large bolt pattern. The hubs have small to large bolt pattern wheel adapters on them for these wheels to mount on the car. The wheel well lips were rolled up to accommodate these wheels and tires. Some of the other things wrong with the car are the wiring under the dash and in the engine compartment is somewhat mickey-moused and will need to be corrected. The trunk lid support brackets need to be replaced so there is no trunk lid torsion spring to hold the lid open. The lid has to be propped open with a 2x4. There is no spare tire or jack. The armrests are missing as well as a couple of the window cranks. There were two rear armrests and some miscellaneous window cranks in a box in the trunk but I haven’t put them on the car because I don’t think they are the right ones. Once the armrests and window cranks are replaced the interior will look pretty decent with the exception of the dash pad which needs replacing also. There are some aftermarket gauges mounted in the dash and it has an aftermarket steering wheel on it as well. The GTS hood is in really nice shape and the inserts are very nice and pit-free. The grill and moldings on the car need some straightening done to look nice. The undercarriage looks pretty good. The Mexican Darts don't have vin numbers and fender tags like the American versions. The car has a serial number on a tag in the driver door jamb that matches the title. There is no vin tag on the dash as we have here in the states. There are two tags on the fender. One has a couple of numbers on it which I don't know what they pertain to and the other has some information about battery connections that is printed in Spanish.

This would be a great car to put a 340 in which is what I was going to do. I am not sure what to ask for this car being it is somewhat rare and unusual so I am taking offers starting at $10K. Here is a link to a website that has some information on the 69 Mexican built GTS Darts. http://www.autohobbydigest.com/mxdart.html I can email more photos if necessary. If you have any questions please email me at [email protected] . I am located near Detroit, MI.

014.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back