-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ToastToAlmost

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1968 Plymouth Barracuda with a 440. It's an Arizona car, and I have the original, clean title for it. It was originally a slant 6 car.

Some specifications and upgrades include:

The slant 6 K-Member has been swapped for a v8 one
It has Schumacher mounts and a brand new carb
Rebuilt 727tranny, 8-1/4 rear end.
Bucket seats with rally gauges, although I have an aftermarket speedo and tach in it, as well as oil, voltage, and temp gauges
Brand new windshield
New Radiator
New Gas Tank
New Mini Starter
New ECU
Front disc brakes.
Large 10inch drums in the rear
It has a Hemi scoop

Being from Arizona the undercarriage in really good shape. I've built a few old cars over the years, with a couple being from down south/out west, and this one has cleanest unrestored undercarriage I've worked with.

The unibody has also been braced into a full-frame for extra stability.

The car is unfinished, but it is my daily driver. It runs and drives great. I've taken it on a few couple hundred mile trips before and even taken it to Texas once without any problems whatsoever, even in 100+ degree weather.

That being said, it does need some more work to be complete. The car is rust free, but the rear quarters do have some bondo,

The interior is also unfinished. There's no carpet in the car, but the floors are in great shape. No holes, soft spots, or anything. You'd almost think they were brand new. The headliner is in great shape for it's age. There is no lower portion to the back seat. The upper part is there though, and does have a tear at the top. The passenger seat has no tears in it whatsoever, however, the drivers seat does have a couple small tears. They're not that major, so for the time being I have a seat cover on it so they don't get worse.

For those wondering about the 440, It's nothing special. It's a 1977 "Smogbog" 440 as I like to call them. It has about 70,000 miles on the engine. Despite not being rebuilt the engine honestly runs great and while it doesn't currently come close to the monster power associated with the 440 it still makes a good power.

I don't know what gears are in the rear end, but I do know I accidentally squeal the tires at red lights all the time, and I don't consider myself to have a heavy foot. :burnout:

It's my dream car and the only reason I'm selling it is because I'm trying to put myself through college and I don't have the money to keep feeding that 440, nevermind actually finishing the car. I started putting it together 5 years ago, and it's been nothing but a pleasure to own. The only trouble it ever gave me was one time I left the lights on and the battery died. :eek:ops:

It's a real solid car and deserves to be done right. I'll answer any questions and take better pics soon. The car is currently located in Saint Cloud Florida and is also being advertised on Craigslist and Ebay Classifieds. Asking $6,000

Attachments

• IMG_20121103_114531.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 1,420
  • IMG_20121106_141500.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 1,417
  • IMG_20121129_151817.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,411
  • IMG_20130221_143839.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 1,390
  • IMG_20120308_161856.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 1,404
  • passrear.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,388
  • driverrear.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,398
  • rearfloor.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,402
  • trunk.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 1,388
  • engine2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 1,405
Here are a few more pics. I tried getting pics of underneath the doors and the undercarriage but my phone doesn't have a flash so they were too dark. I'll dig out the digital camera and take those next.

Attachments

• drive1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1,367
  • drive2.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 1,400
  • drive3.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,360
  • pass1.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 1,377
  • pass2.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 1,371
  • pass3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,349
Hi

Are you willing to sell it for export?

Best reguards Rickard

Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply. I never knew anyone replied to the thread.:eek:ops:

I'd be open to the possibility of selling it for export, however, I have absolutely no idea on how any of that works. :prayer:

Price reduced: $5,000

I don't know how to edit the original post with the updated price. :prayer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back