-
Status
Not open for further replies.

turbodart68

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
This is a 1968 Plymouth Satellite convertible. This car has its original 383 big block engine backed up by a 727 console shifted torqueflite. The rear is a 8 ¾ with 3.23 gears. Other options include PS PB and power top. The interior is in perfect shape and needs nothing, even the original rear door panels are in excellent shape which are very rare to find in this condition. This is 1 of 217.

Drivetrain: The 383 is numbers matching and runs very well and is outfitted some period speed parts. It also has its original radiator. The trans is a torqueflite 727 and shifts as it should but has some minor leaks. There is a small exhaust leak at the flange where the manifold meets the exhaust system. The rearend has 3.23 gears and is nice and quiet.

Suspension: It will need a rebuild but it drives quite nicely althought the shocks are really worn out. It also has 4 wheel drum brakes with power assist. Stops straight and true. It has good tires and new Summit Star wheels in great shape.

Undercarriage: Most convertibles are very rusty, not this one. It does have typical rust issues but not any significant structural rust. It will need the left rear frame rail and the last few inches of the right one due to rust. It will also need floor patches, there are a few holes that are 1 inch in diameter and some pin holes. The front left frame rail will need a patch at the torque box. The Right side end of the torsion bar crossmember will need a patch too. Now this does sound like a lot but it is minimal and I really try to paint a honest picture for the new owner so that there are no surprises.

Body: It will need quarter panel replacement, both quarters have been replaced poorly. The doors have rust in the lower corners. The front fenders look to be rust free as well as the hood. The inner fenders have small rust spots under the hood hinges. The rockers have rust where the quarter meets the rocker. The Dutchman panel and trunk are rust free. The chrome is actually in pretty good shape and all there. The outside door handles are inoperative. All windows operate as they should. The power top is in great condition, even the window is in great shape, and the top works perfectly. One of the top latches is missing the hook.

I received this car in a trade and have not owned it long. Overall it’s a cool cruiser to enjoy for the summer and restore it over the winter. I have a clear title in hand. The car is located in Orange County Ca and my asking price is 10K OBO. Thanks FABO.

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0441.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0439.jpg

For more pictures click
http://s573.photobucket.com/albums/ss173/moparchris360/70 Barracuda/?start=all

Well its the end of summer and I really have enjoyed myself cruising the convert around socal. So now its time to move this big block drop top. There are a few things that I ahave done and some that need doing. I replaced the shocks, water pump, hoses, fuel pump, and carb. It now has a 3310 750 holley on it. Its going to need a trans rebuild to make it just right. Its still rusty and full of bondo. So here it is ready to move at its new price. $7000. Please PM me with questions and offers.

Man I'm interested just concerned about the rust issues. It's the rust that's not visible is what I'm concerned about. I love that body style though. Is the whole rear quarter shot or does it just need patch panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back