1969 340 barracuda non formula S?

-

mopower76

Reaction score
Hey guys, just wanting some info on my new A Body purchase.
It is a 1969 Barracuda 340 column shift auto with buckets and the "Slickback" vinyl roof option (which I really like)
I am just having problems finding others like this one that are a 340 car but not a Formula S car.
I do have the build sheet - fender tag - and original window sticker
Any info would be great!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 694
The 340 engine was an option outside of any performance package in 69. You don't see many that were ordered that way.

Cool car.

Sounds like,

A 'Dealer Stocking Car', usually shipped to the Dealer by the Regional Zone Office
as part of the 'general stock'.

A typical 'dealer lot' car.

Many came though with the Column-Shift Automatic, and 'Open-Rear'.

I have a 340 convertible that the previous owner cloned to appear to be a 340S.

Looks like a great car you have there. Is that a foreign license plate?

Looks to be an R4 red car....nice find. Is there more to the story?

My records show a total of 2,685 units with 1,455 4 speeds, and 1,230 Automatics .What ever way you look at it,these two door sport hardtop models are getting rarer.

The car is R4, but it looks orange! Even in the trunk, door jambs and under hood where it is obviously original paint... It looks orange.
We have a 70 T/A and a 71 Barracuda convert that are FE5 this isn't even close!

Stripe car, with shoulder harnesses and looks like a woodgrain wheel. Strange they did not opt for floor shift and console with deluxe interior. I think the car may have been "pushed" like 69 Cuda 440 mentioned.

Post a pic of the fender tag. If you are having trouble loading them you can shrink them.

The R4 paint is VERY orange. R6 is a way better color IMHO. Perhaps the addition of high impact stuff may have caused them to tweak color a little. I think it is coded different from 1969 to 1970...

Would be cool if it was a spring special...but great car nonetheless!

The 340 engine was an option outside of any performance package in 69. You don't see many that were ordered that way.

Cool car.

Yeah, pretty unusual, and documented. There is a somewhat famous Full Monty Mod top/interior yellow 69 340 non-S car I've seen around for years.

340, non-S, auto on column, deluxe interior, no console, longitudinal stripe, bumper guards. What other options? Discs? A/C? It would be interesting to see the build sheet, window sticker, or fender tag.

I don't think the formula's package was as common in 69 as it was in 67-8. I think the only badge it got to show F/S in 69 was a smaller round medallion the tail panel only. This was also the first year of the A-56 'cuda package. I would love to see more pictures! Also, maybe the fender tag and Broadcast sheet!

Again, I am having problems loading pics... I will post the fender tag, build sheet and the window sticker as soon as the site will let me!
(Going to try to shrink them down)

I think headers and a paint job are the only variances from stock. The points are still in the original distributor and this thing fires on the first try and really screams!!! I've had some good running small block Mopars but this one is exceptional! It would give any of my big blocks a run for their money and hand their *** to some of them!
3.23 sure grip BTW.
And it will boil the tires at will without touching the brake! I love this little BCuda!

Love this car! Let's hear the story.

I traded last Saturday with a friend of mine about 3.5 hours south of me.
I was ready to part with my 62 Dart 440 wagon (that was a completely original car) and my friend and his wife couldn't live without the wagon so we drove the wagon down and drove the BCuda back! It has great road manors and is a hoot through the small towns stop sign to stop sign! We drove rt 45 two lane the whole way there and back and made a long day of it.
The wagon was a one of one all power option HP big block 9 pass wagon with sure grip. Very cool and well preserved vehicle in heated and cooled storage since 1970. Nice car... I was ready for a change.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 489
Looks like a great car you have there. Is that a foreign license plate?

Thanks and no, ugly Illinois Antique Vehicle plates.

Yeah, pretty unusual, and documented. There is a somewhat famous Full Monty Mod top/interior yellow 69 340 non-S car I've seen around for years.

340, non-S, auto on column, deluxe interior, no console, longitudinal stripe, bumper guards. What other options? Discs? A/C? It would be interesting to see the build sheet, window sticker, or fender tag.

I will post tag, sheet and sticker tomorrow! I feel very fortunate to have all 3 all in tact and in really nice shape!

my car is a 340 4 spd convertible non formula S car (to the best of my knowledge). Its a manual steering. brakes. console shift. I bought it from the original owner. I don't have the build sheet or fender tag.

Attachments

• cuda new 1.pdf
    120.5 KB · Views: 171
-
Back