Not open for further replies.

koryliss

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
1969 Dart Swinger 340

First the good news.....
1969 Dart Swinger 340 - engine number matches and we also have the broadcast sheet. Car is an automatic and I am 95% sure the 8-3/4 has 3.23s. I can not find numbers on tranny or rear.

Although it has been stored a long time the car starts, runs, moves and stops under its own power (after replacing the varnish from the tank with gas) but I have not tried to go past the driveway. Dash looks good, speedo shows ~10K (ok ... So 110K?) but seats have been covered.

Engine has cast iron manifolds but original air filter housing is not there. Valve covers are chrome. Engine electrical appears ok (starts fine and charges when running).

Hood looks pretty good and has 340 emblems on both sides.

Brakes function (at least from 5 MPH!) and are manual drums.

Rust is not too bad.

The bad....
Body is VERY rough - I do not think any of it is any good other than the hood. Front fenders are wrong and appear to be fiberglass. At some point I think the car took a hit in rear.

I am selling this as is (but no battery). Before I go the eBay route I thought I would try here but I really am not sure what it is worth (which is why I like the eBay auction).

I bought the car thinking I would part it out but since the engine number matches I feel bad doing that .... so .... if no bites I will decide whether to take it on myself (may require a divorce attorney) or part it out.

Car is in New Fairfield, Connecticut - that is near Danbury Connecticut. If someone is interested I think they should look at it first.

My email is [email protected].

Kory

FrntLeft (Small).JPG

RtSideFromBack (Small).JPG

HoodFromRt (Small).JPG

VinWindshield (Small).JPG

Engine VIN (Small).jPG

BuildSheeet (Small).JPG

Dash (Small).JPG

FrntSeat (Small).JPG

FrontInderneath (Small).JPG

EngineFromRt (Small).JPG

Wow, that doesn't look too rough to me. Can you post some pics of the rear and driver's quarter? Maybe some close-ups of the damage you are referring to, because I don't see anything terrible in the pics.

Kory,

Send me a readable picture off your broadcast and I' can get the rear end ratio it's supposed to have. robule1 at yahoo dot com

What were you looking to get for the car?

Kory,
Since it's already up on jack stands, spin the driveshaft one full turn and see how many times the tire/tires spin. for example, if the tires spin 3 1/2 rotations while the drive shaft spins once, you have something close to 3.55 ratio. You'll also find out if it's got a limited slip or not.

danmc77,

Thanks for the post. I did as you mentioned and it was not quite 3 and a half turns so I concluded 3.23 .... but I was not 100% sure.

Kory

Kory - VIN says it is an original 1969 340 car assembled in Hamtramk, MI. But neither the front fenders or rear quarters have the rectangular, or any for that matter, side markers that were original to '69 Darts. All of the trim looks really good in the photos - the grill looks primo. The only other non-stock items are the exterior mirrors, add-on reflectors on the back edges of the doors and the add-on chrome side trim on the doors and fenders. The interior looks really good but it's not the same 'black' color scheme as my old '69 340 Swinger I had a million years ago.
If I hadn't already bought a '69 Dart a year ago, I would be trying to get this from you for as little as possible. But since I am currently in process of building my '69, I can only say "Don't give it away!" Other than replacing the rear quarters and maybe front fenders (if you don't like the 'glass ones) and the other rust isn't too bad, it would be a shame to sell it. And DEFINITELY DO NOT PART IT OUT. That powerbulge hood alone is worth a good amount of dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back