1969 440 'cuda ~ Original Road Test

-
A c-body manifold is very close for looks.
Sorry, no.

FF14952B-2763-4CC3-AAB0-7B2324285CD9.jpeg

Yes it did, I had both manifolds on a triple black Cuda, sold now. The c-body manifold was modified by Accurate Exhaust with a extension tube welded on, but by changing the ex pipe stock will work. I had mocked up the manifold with engine in car and steering cleared and opening was above starter.
I paid $3500 for the almost NOS manifolds back around 04

Yes it did, I had both manifolds on a triple black Cuda, sold now. The c-body manifold was modified by Accurate Exhaust with a extension tube welded on, but by changing the ex pipe stock will work. I had mocked up the manifold with engine in car and steering cleared and opening was above starter.
I have the original LH manifold that came on car( he still had it after 50 yrs) but am going to run Tti headers because he said when he put on fender well headers on it,,, it was like adding a hundred horsepower

Alan

Correct

1969 Rear Glass Weight

* Dart ............................. 19.7 lbs.
* Barracuda 'Notchback' ..... 19.7 lbs.
* Barracuda 'Fastback' ....... 56.0 lbs.

Also, the Barracuda 'Fastback' had a heavier Rear Seat {+27 lbs.},
due to the heavier seat frame and fold-down hinge assembly.

Also, there was additional body metal around the Rear Window
frame of the Fastback {+12 lbs.}.
Yeah I think my fold down rear seat is made of lead it is crazy heavy. But it is strong adults can climb back there and it don't flex at all. But fold down rear seat was an extra cost option in '69 where as in previous years standard in all fastbacks.

Yeah I think my fold down rear seat is made of lead it is crazy heavy. But it is strong adults can climb back there and it don't flex at all. But fold down rear seat was an extra cost option in '69 where as in previous years standard in all fastbacks.
Easy to sneak in drive ins

Oh, I’m not saying they won’t fit. But they are not the same.

-
Back