-
Status
Not open for further replies.

scudapie

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Folks, Thought Id relist with more detail..
Nice,stored inside for years and is very nice,cyclynder walls look great,standard bore,crank,pistons and rods intact.No heads. a body specific 383 short block casting #2468130, it is stamped E 383 4 7 on the top pad ,the vin stamped on the pad is 9F247057,$1,000 will take it. I have 2,the other is the same casting # but is a E 383 hp and the vin # stamped in that one is 9B348684,I will only sell this one to the owner of the correct car, I would certainly love to find the cars that these blocks go with but I need one for my 69 383 Formula S. Thanks Scott in Colorado

Attachments

• IMG_2233.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_2234.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG_2235.JPG
    10 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_2236.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    10.2 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_2238.JPG
    12.9 KB · Views: 482
Scott , what makes you think that the block you have pictures of is an A body block ?

John,
It has always been my understanding that only A body 383 and 440s have the 2 3/8-16 holes on the drivers side front required for the special motor mounts. Ill re-check the casting number in a bit to verify.
Scott

I'll Pm you what I was going to post as to not muddy this anymore ...

John,
It has always been my understanding that only A body 383 and 440s have the 2 3/8-16 holes on the drivers side front required for the special motor mounts. Try to find a photo of a 383 block with these tapped holes and machined pads,The casting number however is to my surprise a standard 383 #,anyone care to enlighten us further.
Scott

John,
It has always been my understanding that only A body 383 and 440s have the 2 3/8-16 holes on the drivers side front required for the special motor mounts. Try to find a photo of a 383 block with these tapped holes and machined pads,The casting number however is to my surprise a standard 383 #,anyone care to enlighten us further.
Scott

You have been reading/fed misinformation.

The first and largest is the tapped holes ... which are actually are 7/16-14 ... A body 440's DO NOT use the same mount, they had a modified version of the 383 mount with a piece welded to it and 2 holes drilled by hand into the front of the oil pump mounting boss because not all 440's have those nubs in 1969.

There is nothing different about the actual casting of the A body block so why you are surprised that it is not different ???

The VIN of that block is from a car built at the NEWARK plant , Chrysler didn't build A bodies at that plant.

The engine is not an HP , A body 383's are HP stamped , it's painted turquoise so it was either a 2bbl motor but it has no R on the pad and the pistons look like flat tops in the pictures, so it is more than likely a standard 330HP 4bbl engine, not the 330HP 383HP used in the A body .

I currently own an original 56k mile, matching number eng/trans, 69 383 GTS and I owned a 69 440 GTS.

You have another 383 HP block , compare it , first and foremost the rear single ear on the drivers side mount is machined off , if it's not it's not an A body block.

John
I cant thank you enough for the information,Im new to A bodies and Ive been trying to learn more about these BB cars, The other block I have is as you say a BB A body block should be.
Thanks scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back