1969 a-body wiper motor

-

hemifish69

Dain bramaged Hemi freak
Reaction score
My painless harness went in great, but they refer you back to the original harness for more than a few things.

I don't know where I put the engine harness I took out.

Does anyone know how to hook up a 1969 two speed wiper motor? The original switch has two output wires, the motor has a ballast style resistor with two spade connectors and four spade connections on motor.

I'll check sat-- i think i have a 2 speed harness to verify against ,Lawrence

Hey guys, I was just going to ask the same thing. I got Russ Francis wiring to send the original schematic, but it shows (5) connections coming off the wiper motor and I only have (4), but I was going to ask about the resistor, that would make it (5). I tried to hook them all up to the wiper switch Sunday night, and blew a fuse.
I will bring in my color copy schematic, pdf it, and post it on here, so we can discuss it. I am cornfused for sure and tired of blowing fuses.

Here are those schematics of the wiper motor and back of switch I spoke about. I only have (4) connections on the wiper motor, unless I wire #3 to a resistor, then that would get me two more connections to bring inside the car. It looks like its all figured out, but it is not, I blew fuses when I turned the wiper switch.:eek:ops:
So far, I don't have a Brown wire that is shown on the schematic, and wire #3 from the wiper motor has me confused.
Does anyone know how this should actually work? Do I have to add the resistor to the #3 wire on the wiper motor?

Attachments

• 69 Dart Wiper Schematic.E.pdf
    325.1 KB · Views: 197
I think I figured it out. My 1973 service manual actually has the schematics for 2 and 3 speed motors.

The park circuit is inoperative on my two speed wiper motor.

The resistor is supposed to be in series with the low speed.

Using some jumpers, I found that of the 4 spade connectors, the two closest to the motor can, the upper one is slow, the lower one is fast. (and that is without connecting the resistor)

The motor assy is internally grounded, so supplying 12 VDC to those two spades operates the motor.

that led me to believe the other two spades have to do with the park circuit. But applying power and ground in different combos produce nothing.

I could just run a single wire from the fast spade to an unused toggle switch on my accessory panel, and have non-parking fast wipers, enough to get through inspection.

What kind of moron is going to drive a hemi with slicks and a spool rear end in the rain anyway?

Hey 69DarttoArt, do you need me to post the schematic I found?

It actually shows the motor internals rather than the wire line diagrams.

Hey 69DarttoArt, do you need me to post the schematic I found?

It actually shows the motor internals rather than the wire line diagrams.

Yes please, I made some headway today, after my owner told me that the new wiper motors are internally resisted (I forgot there was a note about that when I pulled it out of the box). So I ran the brown wire to the A post on switch and got the wipers to move then blew another fuse. I must be close, but still must have something wrong?

Here it is.....

Thank you Hemfish69, I got it figured out. I had an weak in-line fuse upstream of the fuse panel coming off the ignition, which was the fuse I was blowing. I rerouted that fuse, over where it belongs in front of the dash gages and after that, I turned on the wipers and they worked on Low and on High for several strokes.

Thanks for you help, Tom

-
Back