1969 Barracuda Doors

-

1969cudarebuild

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I'm Eric in Northern Utah, thank you for the ad here. I am doing a rebuild on a '69 Barracuda notchback. Doing this car for a friend of mine. He has owned it since High School and wants to do a restomod on it. I need to track down the linkages that operate the door lock mechanism for the '69 Barracuda drivers door. Anyone have a lead on where a guy can get these pieces? Thank you in advance.

You should probably post in the parts wanted department. There are a bunch of people with parts, should get a response fairly soon. BTW 69 is not an early a, there was a model before that with different parts. We would dearly love to see a thread of your resto mod and offer any help as you go along. Welcome from Michigan!

You should probably post in the parts wanted department. There are a bunch of people with parts, should get a response fairly soon. BTW 69 is not an early a, there was a model before that with different parts. We would dearly love to see a thread of your resto mod and offer any help as you go along. Welcome from Michigan!
Thank you for the reply and also pointing that out for me on where to post my request for these parts. I went ahead and posted on the "parts wanted." I am also looking forward to learning more about the 69 Barracuda as this is my first one building. I am sure I will have many questions a long the way. Currently the car is an assembled shell sitting on a cart. All of the body work has been done and 2 coats of primer has been applied and blocked. Reason I am assembling the body before paint is to make certain everything fits, lines up and works before painting. Thus why we are ISO door lock mech pieces. I plan to assemble the body minus the front and rear glass before I start the prep stage for paint. This car wasn't to terribly rusty but had quite a bit of body damage. I had to do a trunk floor, right side quarter, rust spots on the lower quarters on the left side, make a '68 driver side door into a '69 door (reason why we need all of the lock linkage.) replace the right side rocker, right side A and B pillars as well; Yea, huh! What a HUGE job this has been and a bit of fun in the process. I will do up a build thread soon. Thanks again for chiming in. Eric in Utah.

Sounds like a great start on a complex project. Will be like new when done.

Best to test fit the windshield and rear window to make sure any body damage has not twinged the openings. Otherwise you’re just looking for a leaky window then a rusted floor. At worst you will bust windows putting them in. Any good old school glass guy will be able to tell you right away.

Best to test fit the windshield and rear window to make sure any body damage has not twinged the openings. Otherwise you’re just looking for a leaky window then a rusted floor. At worst you will bust windows putting them in. Any good old school glass guy will be able to tell you right away.
I forgot to mention in my last post. Months ago while we was replacing that A pillar section, we had the front windshield in and out of the car a few times to be sure it was right. The rear of the car is fine, no damage in the rear roof, c-pillar, rear deck area so I think we are good on that. I'm going to assemble the door and the quarter windows completely before I paint. Need to be certain that the doors are aligned to where I can get the wing windows, door glass and quarter window to fit and seal. Once I get that where it needs to be I'll take it all apart again to do paint. It seems like a lot of work and re-work doing this way but I need to be sure that things will line up once I paint the car.

Welcome aboard, be sure to make sure the parts are 69. Hard to tell differences from 67-9, they looks similar but it's like mixing puzzles up lol.
Good luck, post pics!

-
Back