1969 barracuda V-8 complete wiring overhaul. Best kit? Tips?

-

69fstbkcuda

Reaction score
I keep splicing and frying fuses and gauges… time to rip it all out and start over.
I'm looking for a kit if anyone has done this,please point me in the right direction on what kit to buy. thanks

What is your goal?

If you want it all stock. M&H is the best way to go. Year One or (Classic Industries Maybe)

M&H does not have the accessory harness under the dash just the main harness. They also do not have the console and passenger side c-pillar dome harness. They can make them though.

If you just want to make one then there are lots of options.

Painless
Ron Francis
and sure plenty more.

I'm leaning towards the Ron Francis express kit also… I wish someone on here has put one in and could give us some input.

There is just use the search and type Ron Francis or painless wiring kit. I just scrolled thru and read and felt Ron Francis was way to go. Dustin

I can vouch for the MH wire harnesses. They aren't cheap, but they are perfect and beautiful. I used them in my 69 Barracuda Fastback and the were a perfect fit. Plus, all wire colors (including stripes) were the right color, and the connecters were an exact match to the originals. I've not heard about the Ron Francis kits, they may be fine. I've seen Painless harnesses being installed, and although they appear to be good quality and popular, I do not think the wires are original color. You won't be disappointed with MH.

I just put a Painless Kit in my '66 Barracuda. If you have some basic know how, you can knock one out pretty easily. Their tech's are probably some of the best I have ever dealt with on anything. They solved 3 issues I had over the phone, in a very short time, after I had spent hours trying to figure it out. They really know their product and are on their game. If I wasn't looking for stock replacement, I would order another one in an instant. Just my experience....

I just put a M&H engine foward in my 68 Barracuda very nice harness just like the original factory deal i highly recommend them

-
Back