-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ABCuda

Reaction score
Rating - 40%
2   3   0
Contact seller
Need 2 Sets of 1969 Black Plastic Formula S Grilles.

Not painted, but moulded black plastic surrounds.....

Great condition needed......willing to discuss any condition....

Supposedly just made for Form S and Possibly Cuda optioned cars.....one book out their mentions that they have a unique part number. Based on the car I am currently working on it appears that the black plastic does appear to have different color all the way through but same part number as argent grilles....nose in my project was bounced pretty good and left just pieces of the original grilles.....too much missing to try to fix....

Good luck with your search, Very very hard parts to find. I hope you deep pockets.

Thanks........knowing they are a rarity, sure there has to be someone out there who has a few stashed away and wants to empty my "not so deep" willing to do odd jobs, or will work for parts..........

Anyone???

Thanks........knowing they are a rarity, sure there has to be someone out there who has a few stashed away and wants to empty my "not so deep" willing to do odd jobs, or will work for parts..........

Anyone???
Last set I saw were 2 grand...I fixed mine and refinshed them in satin black.

holding out for the real thing......refresh might be an option. I have a guy here in San Diego that was able to fix a regular set for me.....

I am into these projects for too much already. The Grilles are important if not signature items on these cars, no??

Will see where this treasure hunt goes..

Im in the same boat as you Abcuda....there was a member on here with an NOS set...he mailed me pics.....and the caption "NOT FOR SALE" LOL still made me stiff lookin at them! FYI, I talked to a big mopar guy a year or 2 ago and one of them problems with them is that they cracked due to UV over time...

Trying to find any '69 Barracuda grills is hard enough. Being picky and only settling for original black ones is fine if you are able to pay up. The black shells are being reproduced but the feedback is mixed on how well they fit.

Im in the same boat as you Abcuda....there was a member on here with an NOS set...he mailed me pics.....and the caption "NOT FOR SALE" LOL still made me stiff lookin at them! FYI, I talked to a big mopar guy a year or 2 ago and one of them problems with them is that they cracked due to UV over time...

Again...NOT FOR SALE.....sorry. YES the front edges of the egg crates are not supposed to be black, but bare aluminum. Black grills are for Formula S and 'cuda package.

Attachments

• '69 M-code 'cuda grills 003 @50%.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 277
I am fixing another right side one now
Doug

Attachments

• 000_3900.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 251
I have the two sets of black ones but I don't have the talent that Doug has......Mine are in piecies and some bits....

Nice pick on the two grilles.....tease........I get enough of that at home with a nice set that never seem to be available.....TMI???

Doug, are those for sale when done?

....I am waiting on a PM from EFriedrich, seams I might be paying some of his retirement if he comes through...

In response to BB-Dave, the factory Grilles are exactly as mentioned from the 383 form S fastback I am working on. Leading edge of egg crate is silver.....the original headlight rings are silver....I was thinking these might have been replaced but no.....seems this thread confirms they are silver. I blacked out all on my silver A4 340 coupe....I like the blacked out look.

Seems I need three sets if I ever get to fixing up the 340 Cuda' fastback.....don't think my kids are ever going to college......

In response to BB-Dave, the factory Grilles are exactly as mentioned from the 383 form S fastback I am working on. Leading edge of egg crate is silver.....the original headlight rings are silver....I was thinking these might have been replaced but no.....seems this thread confirms they are silver. I blacked out all on my silver A4 340 coupe....I like the blacked out look.

Seems I need three sets if I ever get to fixing up the 340 Cuda' fastback.....don't think my kids are ever going to college......

You mean these cars aren't their college fund? I see so many people that had to sell their toys when the children came along.

Nice pick on the two grilles.....tease........I get enough of that at home with a nice set that never seem to be available.....TMI???

Now that's FUNNY. (TMI?). I love my "other set", she knows it and flashes me quite often.......keeps me going!!!!!!!!

:prayer:

ABCuda......now i gotta see that 340 A4 coupe!!!!!!!!!! 340, 340-S or A56 'cuda!! coupes are my game, but post pics of the 383-S FB also??

Will do.....I have 1 A56 fastback and 2 A53 Cars....the Silver (A4) coupe was an ordered car that is a 340 auto, high optioned but neither A56 or A53.....but no difference other than badging or stripe packages.....My son and I did most of the detailing, grunt, and technical work in the garage and he drove that and my convertible 69 to high school for the last year.....

send me an email I can deliver the pic's to. I have not figured out how to post in the forum yet.....the 383 Fastback is currently in pieces.....but will be in primer hopefully by end July. Have the exhaust manifolds being blasted this week, steering gear, and radiator in the shop for rebuild.....whole front suspension is out and bead blasted, painted and ready to press in new bushings etc.....much to do but I got the coupe done in 9 months......

OLKA, about that college fund...hoping the boy gets a baseball scholarship.....has an interview for a local school here in SoCal this week....he caught the eye of a couple scouts in a tournament here this week.....that would be perfect more money to tune up the cars and maybe that other "set" we were referencing earlier in the thread :)

Based on my signature list, all other cars are vulnerable....the two big block cars need to stay with me.....would probably keep the A56 fastback and the Mustang....maybe the buick......can't get rid of the 66....ugghhhhhh........might need some professional help....

Try to post the request pic of the A4 Coupe......see what happens.......

Attachments

• Full page photo 2.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 140
Wow, that is a good looking car........The silver car is having the 340 stripe applied soon.....not PG stripes but Year One so, guess they will probably be wrong....The car currently runs with steelies and the turbine hubcaps that came with it.....I like the center cap look....depends on the mood....(sometimes I have different hubcaps on both sides because I can't make up my mind).....black and silver really is a nice combo.......like I PM'd you......hold that car....let me beg my wife for one more.:violent1: or sell off something of less(er)significance....

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back