1969 (?) Convertible Barracuda in background of 2019 Cadillac commercial?

-

SalC

Reaction score
Noticed a old Barracuda (1969?) in the background of this Cadillac commercial. A Mopar in a GM commercial? Pretty cool...

Looks a lot like my '67... :)

Cadillac Commerical - Barracuda 2.jpg

Cadillac Commerical - Barracuda.jpg

IMG_4749 (Large).JPG

What I found most interesting about the new Cadillac ads is that all they feature is women, and they say nothing about the car's technical features. Instead it's all "Cadillac makes driving fun again!". No men are featured in the ad; it's all women, and they are obviously complete airheads. If I were a woman I think I would be offended by an ad like that.

I guess GM has done extensive market research and has discovered that women make all the buying decisions these days, and their husbands are all afraid to stand up to them and tell them "no" So would all you married guys please tell me again how happy you are, and how no guy can be happy being single? For some damned reason I keep forgetting that, start thinking the "wrong" way, and actually think I am ENJOYING being single! Wow, am I dumb! Please straighten me out again. Thanks.

So would all you married guys please tell me again how happy you are, and how no guy can be happy being single?

I can only speak for myself and say I couldn't be happier. My wife is EXTREMELY supportive, and doesn't hesitate to come help me in the garage if I need extra hands. She paid for my 3spd wiper motor for my Charger from her own money and has set aside her own money to also pay for all the Legendary interior components.

Guess it depends who you marry!! You marry a high-maintenance overly-controlling person,... I guess you are going to have issues. Marry a down to earth person who respects others and you likely won't have issues. My wife had a Cadillac (92 Deville) years ago and hated it. Her favorite vehicles she had were her '68 Camaro, '70 Chevelle, and '86 Grand Wagoneer. She drives a 2012 F-150 (her choice) if that tells you anything.

It's all about choices man!!

Hello All,
There is also a mustang in this caddy commercial.

Happy Mopar :)
Arron

\

Last edited:
My girl would love to drive the race car but shes to short. Pops has a max wedge car with adjustable seats and she has said many times she wants to drive it when it's back on the road.
My mother drives a 2018 WRX, she has taken the classes to get her world rally license and is looking at buying a rally car.
So yeah chicks like to drive fast just like we do and I think that's cool as hell.

It's all about finding the right one!

I got a "Disagree" that there are good supportive women out there? LOL!! Looks like someone had a bad experience!

Don't get me wrong,... My first wife had to have everything her way. Finally decided she wasn't happy and left. To my defense though, she was always that way and we married young. Hind-sight being 20/20,... I should have known better as there were issues before we ever got married. After she left, I met my current wife, who is MUCH more understanding and supportive. She understands that we both want things and it's about working together and enjoying them.

I just about fell off my chair, when I saw the Cadillac ad, with the Barracuda. I can't ever remember an ad, that showed another brand. Keep the Cadillac, I want the Barracuda!

-
Back