1969 'cuda 383 4-speed

-
I spotted this beauty while watching YouTube videos.

View attachment 1715934335[/QUOTE

wow!! i guess you never know where the "camera's" are going to be!! i go to that car cruise all the time. it's held at a local Sonic hamburger joint every wednesday during the summer. i've been to several cruises already. Bridgeville, Pa 4:00 p.m. to around 8:00 p.m. maybe i'll see the cameraman there sometime?

DSCN0971 (1).jpg

Yeah, it was on last night. It showed them putting the stripes on the hood and the grills in. I talked to Mark and he said it should be done soon.

i am so glad your car is FINALLY getting finished at GYCs!! i watched the episode and Mark did speak politely and kindly about your car. i will not comment on how much "time" has passed on your car. i can only imagine that you don't want to even think about that.

but congrats on your car SOON to be in your garage. i will try very hard to track you down and see a REAL GYCs restoration in person. i'll bet the car will be AMAZING!

best wishes Cuda Dad...

Mark had Tony D'Agostino asking questions on this site about this build!

He got his answers and Cuda Dads engine bay looks very similar! They got it correct!

I watched it. They did a great overview of all the metal work that was done to the car. Car looks super awesome on the show. I noticed wheels painted body color. Mark definitely showed a lot of respect for how special of a car it is. Hopefully they have an episode where you get the car back done!
Me too, ha ha

i am so glad your car is FINALLY getting finished at GYCs!! i watched the episode and Mark did speak politely and kindly about your car. i will not comment on how much "time" has passed on your car. i can only imagine that you don't want to even think about that.

but congrats on your car SOON to be in your garage. i will try very hard to track you down and see a REAL GYCs restoration in person. i'll bet the car will be AMAZING!

best wishes Cuda Dad...
You will likely have to see it in North Carolina as we are moving soon.

Congrats on your build! I watch the show and met most of them SEMA in Vegas at the "Hellaphant" unveiling.

This was a good one to go the extra mile and preserve.

Love the bb abodies!
Hope to be able to see it in the future.

It has been a very long time but the finish line is in sight!
Yeah I see it in the back ground on all the latest episodes. Saw the wheels painted body color too like you requested. I hope they have an episode where they show you take delivery. Best wishes you get it back done soon.

Your Patience is over the top! Like @1WildRT "I'm gonna die of old age while waiting to see it...." I am close to that!

I thought the time to get just my shell back was tough, 2+ years from 4/2012! 8 years later after Me and the misses completed it, we are still smiling, driving and enjoying!

Your Patience is over the top! Like @1WildRT "I'm gonna die of old age while waiting to see it...." I am close to that!

I thought the time to get just my shell back was tough, 2+ years from 4/2012! 8 years later after Me and the misses completed it, we are still smiling, driving and enjoying!
Thing is, Mike (AKA Cuda Dad) was from the same town as me... Before he ever took it in I warned him... Earlier this year he escaped from California... (Gavin probably still expects him to pay taxes here) so now he lives across the country from where his Cuda has been stored & ignored for the past nine years.... So I gotta poke him every now & then...

Since I am living in North Carolina now, I'll probably just have it shipped!
Come down to Dawsonville Georgia for the weekend and you can drive mine, No stick But tons of fun none the less!

Come down to Dawsonville Georgia for the weekend and you can drive mine, No stick But tons of fun none the less!
My car is scheduled to be delivered in a couple of days. Once the weather gets better I would like to take the car out and run down there.

IMG_20230119_172355.jpg

FINALLY!!
I'm sure the car is going to look great in person and drive very nicely.
But...the rear looks a little high. Maybe the leafs need some time to settle in. Driving it should help out with that.
Happy for you, it's been a long time. I know you're having it shipped so there won't be a presentation segment but he should at least do a drive and walk-around so we can see it.

FINALLY!!
But...the rear looks a little high. Maybe the leafs need some time to settle in. Driving it should help out with that.
Happy for you, it's been a long time. I know you're having it shipped so there won't be a presentation segment but he should at least do a drive and walk-around so we can see it.
He said there will be an episode either and the end of this season or the beginning of the next.

FINALLY!!
Most likely it will settle down a little. Ride around full tank of gas a bit that should do it....

He said there will be an episode either and the end of this season or the beginning of the next.
I will be looking out for that episode like a hawk....every episode over the last 1/2 year or more your car has been in the back ground.

-
Back