1969 'cuda 383 4-speed

-
Couple more progress pics

IMG_9898.JPG

IMG_1121.JPG

IMG_1122.JPG

It’s a heck of a long road for them to finish this car. Once it is in color, it should come together fairly quickly.

For the lower stripes, make sure he paints the front and rear valances and the stripes overlap that a bit.

Dash looks great!!

It amazes me sometimes how the 2nd generation Barracuda dashes came through. Here you have a 383 4 speed car with a 120 speedo and nothing in the center pod.

I once parted a 68 /6 automatic barracuda that had a 150 speedo.

My no frills 69 'cuda340 4 speed car with factory 3.91 has a 150 Rallye dash. Logically a tach would've been appropriate with that combo but no, it has a clock in the center pod! Guess the original owner didn't want to be late to the strip.

The 150 speedo was part of the rallye package. My 318 air car has the 150 speedo, and came with a clock I have since changed for a vacuum gauge.

Dash looks great!!

It amazes me sometimes how the 2nd generation Barracuda dashes came through. Here you have a 383 4 speed car with a 120 speedo and nothing in the center pod.

My no frills 69 'cuda340 4 speed car with factory 3.91 has a 150 Rallye dash. Logically a tach would've been appropriate with that combo but no, it has a clock in the center pod! Guess the original owner didn't want to be late to the strip.
I figure by '68-'69 model years, Ma Mopar was more interested in the upcoming E bodies,and unless you ordered specific options (ralley dash ect.) they just threw parts at these cars. imho

Dash looks great!!

I had the option to upgrade it but my plan has been to go as original as possible. It even has L2B bench with no armrest and fixed position rear seat. Notice the rear speaker control?

The cuda package was supposed to be a stripped down version of a Formula S, just like the Roadrunner was a stripped down version of the GTX, hence the bench seat and fixed back seat standard. Seems like a lot of people optioned them back up close to a Formula S.

I had the option to upgrade it but my plan has been to go as original as possible. It even has L2B bench with no armrest and fixed position rear seat. Notice the rear speaker control?
My dad purchased a brand new 1969 A56 optioned cuda 340 4 speed Fastback B5/B5 3:23 SG right off the truck with the same bench seat with headrests, no armrest, fixed back seat and rear window defroster.

Your patience is phenomenal! I would have died by now!

IMG_1698.JPG
What's the extra knob for that to the right of the cigar lighter?
That was a topic of conversation for a long time. No one knew for sure until one of the previous owners found the original owner's manual. In the manual it says convertible top or rear speaker. It does have speakers in the rear panels.

View attachment 1715387621
That was a topic of conversation for a long time. No one knew for sure until one of the previous owners found the original owner's manual. In the manual it says convertible top or rear speaker. It does have speakers in the rear panels.
I'd be interested to know what option code that is for the switch/speakers and was that an option for all three 1969 Barracuda body styles?

I hope he sectioned in your original VIN from the original radiator support ?
I once dreamed of having GYC do my A56 Cuda as a way to get an A body on the show. I can"t wait to see this car done !!! Lots of luck.
Absolutely, and the trunk lip as well.

29571147_10215512284388706_2502663336253383259_n.jpg

Dash looks great!!

My 383S has the N85 tach option but 120 speedo and no frills dash and interior. Not surprised as ‘Cuda was the stripped version basically. It’s all about the options ordered. My car was basic S 383 with PB/Disc/tach and light option. Many were ordered this way. Heck the S came standard in buckets and console.

The full feature deluxe interior with blacked rally dash are fairly rare and you have look hard and deep to find the ones that are trully original. Maybe I am wrong and standard interiors are actually rarer! But more than not, I see cars that have bling that does not match the fender tag.

The full feature deluxe interior with blacked rally dash are fairly rare and you have look hard and deep to find the ones that are trully original. Maybe I am wrong and standard interiors are actually rarer! But more than not, I see cars that have bling that does not match the fender tag.

I have not seen that many with the deluxe interior. My '68 convertible did, but it was factory AC, PS, 318 car.

My 383S has the N85 tach option but 120 speedo and no frills dash and interior. Not surprised as ‘Cuda was the stripped version basically. It’s all about the options ordered. My car was basic S 383 with PB/Disc/tach and light option. Many were ordered this way. Heck the S came standard in buckets and console.

My A56 came with a150 speedo and that is it. Basic interior it’s a bench seat ( no armrest) wood grain dash, I always see cars with buckets and pedal package.

My A56 came with a150 speedo and that is it. Basic interior it’s a bench seat ( no armrest) wood grain dash, I always see cars with buckets and pedal package.
My present A56 has the deluxe interior with pedal pkg, fold down rear seat, 120 mph speedo, no tach or clock, p/s, 3spd wipers (which eliminates the foot pump windshield washer), 4 speed no console,

-
Back