1969 'cuda 383 4-speed

-
056.JPG

057.JPG

058.JPG

059.JPG

Beautiful! I can see you smile!

Stowe the jack right and no unwanted noises. And by all means never use it!!!!

IMG_3483.JPG

IMG_3484.JPG

Last edited:
Looks very nice! I watched episide 9 over the weekend when they were assembling.

Just out of curiosity......is your rear seat fixed or folding?

Looks very nice! I watched episide 9 over the weekend when they were assembling.

Just out of curiosity......is your rear seat fixed or folding?
Its fixed. Starting in '69 folding rear seat was an extra cost option. Previous years folding rear seat was standard on all fastback barracudas.

Very nice! So did it really take them ten years to finish your car? It does look awesome!!!

I spotted this beauty while watching YouTube videos.

View attachment 1715934335
a friend of mine told me about me and my car showing up on You tube. i had no idea someone was doing videos of the car cruise i went to in Bridgeville, PA the red 62 Corvette is owned by a very nice older gentleman that we hang out with and the gold 69 Z/28 behind the Corvette is a retired cop's car. this car cruise has now moved to the Bridgeville Volunteer Fire Dept. in Bridgeville because the mall owner sold this space to a new Starbucks being constructed right now.

They had it for nine years. They worked on it off and on for about seven of them.
Cuda Dad - i watched tonight's new GYC's episode (S15-Ep24) to see the assembly of your car. It does look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! i did see something that just made me "cringe" because of the money and TIME you have spent on this car - and the detail really kind of made me "sick" for a moment. apparently, Mr. Worman did not check to see what the proper dash was for your car. as i'm sure you know, the 67-68 dash has the silver accent panels under the gages running the entire length of the dash along with the glove-box trim piece. on a 69, that silver section is suppose to be FLAT BLACK or "woodgrain"!! if i had waited as long as you did for your car, i would have been livid seeing this mistake. but to be realistic, i'm SURE you are just DAMN GLAD to FINALLY be getting the car back. i think i would tell Mark to deduct $1000 off your bill for the dash paint mistake. your car is a beautiful car and i have been taking pictures of it off of my TV by pausing the show. i've pretty much snapped every picture that the car showed up in on the show. i'm working on my 69 M-Code fastback right now and the striping and hood scoops on your car are the same and look OUTSTANDING. i wish you nothing but the BEST with this car!!

@jimharvard I don't follow you on the flat black. Here is the dash before restoration.

View attachment 1716051704
Base 'Cuda Fish! And Damn Gorgeous! 'Cuda was usually stripped down as shown.

"S" cars like mine came in many varieties! My dash is no different. 120 speedo and not many frills! N85 Tach but my fish was pretty standard inside and optioned well outside!

@Cudadad Keep smiling and your Fish is awesome! The 69 Pods should be black with a light white outer ring as shown!

Your Tag shows this as well!

Last edited:
Cuda Dad - i watched tonight's new GYC's episode (S15-Ep24) to see the assembly of your car. It does look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! i did see something that just made me "cringe" because of the money and TIME you have spent on this car - and the detail really kind of made me "sick" for a moment. apparently, Mr. Worman did not check to see what the proper dash was for your car. as i'm sure you know, the 67-68 dash has the silver accent panels under the gages running the entire length of the dash along with the glove-box trim piece. on a 69, that silver section is suppose to be FLAT BLACK or "woodgrain"!! if i had waited as long as you did for your car, i would have been livid seeing this mistake. but to be realistic, i'm SURE you are just DAMN GLAD to FINALLY be getting the car back. i think i would tell Mark to deduct $1000 off your bill for the dash paint mistake. your car is a beautiful car and i have been taking pictures of it off of my TV by pausing the show. i've pretty much snapped every picture that the car showed up in on the show. i'm working on my 69 M-Code fastback right now and the striping and hood scoops on your car are the same and look OUTSTANDING. i wish you nothing but the BEST with this car!!

Not to start another **** show here but I think jimharvard is referring to the 1969 Formula S Rallye dash. This car also has the deluxe interior option.

See Below.

137758_Interior_Web.jpg

Here is the Base 1969 Cuda' Dash as seen in Cuda Dad's car.

Hope this fixes the confusion.

210465_Interior_Web.jpg

Imagine if you will the anxiety of a man who waits 9 years and X amount of dollars for his car to be brought back to life and now as he proudly displays it the critiquing starts. Sorry but I call bullshit on that.

Congrats, ive been following along and would see glimpses of it on the program, you patiently waited and its beautiful. Thanks for sharing your story, enjoy that awesome car...Rich

Imagine if you will the anxiety of a man who waits 9 years and X amount of dollars for his car to be brought back to life and now as he proudly displays it the critiquing starts. Sorry but I call bullshit on that.
I take no offense! It is how we all learn. Had it not been for a member pointing it out, the dash pod centers would not have been blacked out. I can point out a few things about it but hey, it is a damn nice car and I am proud of it. It is one rare A-Body that was saved. It went through several owners who kept it from being scrapped. I told the guy that I bought it from that if we could make a deal, I would be the one to get it back on the road. This is the first time it has been on the road since about 1980. These 1969 'cudas are among the rarest Mopars and who knows how many are left? I thank Mark Worman for finally getting it done! I certainly got my money's worth and more, so I'm not complaining one bit.

I take no offense! It is how we all learn. Had it not been for a member pointing it out, the dash pod centers would not have been blacked out. I can point out a few things about it but hey, it is a damn nice car and I am proud of it. It is one rare A-Body that was saved. It went through several owners who kept it from being scrapped. I told the guy that I bought it from that if we could make a deal, I would be the one to get it back on the road. This is the first time it has been on the road since about 1980. These 1969 'cudas are among the rarest Mopars and who knows how many are left? I thank Mark Worman for finally getting it done! I certainly got my money's worth and more, so I'm not complaining one bit.

Just looking at your pics again.

When you popped the hood in 1969 , This is what you saw..

Absoutely amazing restoration , right down to painting one screw holding the fender tag. Missed by so many restoration shops.

Full credit to you and GYC for bringing this car back for us all to enjoy!!

043-jpg.jpg

-
Back