1969 Cuda A57 4 speed Whats it worth ?

-

CudaLou

67 Barracuda
Reaction score
Im in the process of trying to buy a 1969 cuda A57. I will try to give as much info about the car as I can, so you can make an informed opinion. First the documentation. The owner has the fender tag, 2 build sheets, and the original bill of sale. He is the second owner. The car is numbers matching. The motor, trans, rad support, trunk, its all there. Now the condition, the car is a 4 and needs to be restored. However, the uni body/frame rails are excellent, the inner fenders are good, doors and front fenders seem good. The problems with the body are mainly in the rear quarters and the paint is horrible. Let me mention this is an A4 car with a vinal top. The interior is in fair condition and with some elbow grease it could be good. The seats are not all torn up. Again, it is a 4 speed console car. Im looking for solid opinions on what a fair price to buy this car is. Let me know if I forgot anything. Thanks Lou

Its a Fastback. Sorry, Im not able to post pictures at this point. I know its hard to make a judgement without them. But my description is pretty solid.

Does anyone know of another one for sale? Would be helpful as a comparison. Or has anyone purchased one lately ?

documentation = $1000
solid rails = $1000
340 + trans = $1000
so far its worth $3000.00

The fact that it's an A57 "slick back" car makes it probably a low number production vehicle. I bought my 68 because it's a one owner with lots of documentation, and special order vehicle with some fun options. I probably paid more then most would for it but I love it and think I got a good deal. So I guess the short answer that you won't like is it's worth what you want to pay, unless of course you plan to flip it

you asked for a price blindfolded.
sprstck offering 7000 without seeing it ????

It's not worth that much and is in horrible shape,.....u should let me buy it!!!!!!!
Don't forget to send me pictures....good luck

$5-7 K based on your description. It sounds like it will need a lot. What is this car worth fully restored (realistically) $30K? now go backwards and deduct everything you will have to do to it to get it to $30K.

A body big block, 4 speed, matching number, all documents, frame good, its all there, I would pay that money. Unless, trunk and floors are gone, but it doesn't sound like that in the OP's description.

1969 A57 Fastback 4-speed, the recognized production number is 130. The vinyl roof makes it even less. You need to verify if the hard to find parts are all there. Correct radiator, oil pan, exhaust manifolds. There was a yellow one on eBay awhile back that may have been better than you described. I believe it got close to 20 before the auction ended. Look on Hagerty.com under 1969 barracuda a then select Cuda 383. From what you describe, if it is all there, I think somewhere in the mid to high teens but you are not going to make money on it.

$7000. If the paint isnt horrible, it's worth more

$7000.00 ? Lets be honest, I have seen 67-69 Barracuda 273/318 cars in decent shape go for that. This is a 69 big block car that is a 4 speed with only 130 made. All the desirable factors are there. I honestly cannot remember seeing one on this site. At least not in the last 3 years. My close friend just sold a 68 318 car for that amount last week. And it needed a complete resto.

1969 A57 Fastback 4-speed, the recognized production number is 130. The vinyl roof makes it even less. You need to verify if the hard to find parts are all there. Correct radiator, oil pan, exhaust manifolds. There was a yellow one on eBay awhile back that may have been better than you described. I believe it got close to 20 before the auction ended. Look on Hagerty.com under 1969 barracuda a then select Cuda 383. From what you describe, if it is all there, I think somewhere in the mid to high teens but you are not going to make money on it.

I am not a flipper and want this car for my collection. Hagarty lists the car as $14,400 plus 10% for a 4 speed. Your evaluation seems correct. My problem is, I cant find any recent sales, to come up with an offer, that is fair for both me and the seller. I appreciate your opinions and help.

$7000.00 ? Lets be honest, I have seen 67-69 Barracuda 273/318 cars in decent shape go for that. This is a 69 big block car that is a 4 speed with only 130 made. All the desirable factors are there. I honestly cannot remember seeing one on this site. At least not in the last 3 years. My close friend just sold a 68 318 car for that amount last week. And it needed a complete resto.

You're the one askin "what's it worth" with no pictures.

Kinda like goin into an unlit whorehouse at night and hopin you get a gal.

Its a Fastback. Sorry, Im not able to post pictures at this point. I know its hard to make a judgement without them. But my description is pretty solid.

I dont visit ***** houses, but I understand its harder to evaluate without pics. Im working on that. Im really trying to get a feel of what other members have seen in terms of sales with this type of car.

I dont visit ***** houses, but I understand its harder to evaluate without pics. Im working on that. Im really trying to get a feel of what other members have seen in terms of sales with this type of car.

They've tried their best to tell you based on the information you supplied. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean you're right.

You're the one askin "what's it worth" with no pictures.

Kinda like goin into an unlit whorehouse at night and hopin you get a gal.

^LOL, that's a classic, got to remember that one^

I think you already have a price set in your mind of what it's worth, and just want reinforcement. Nobody can give you an answer without pics. If your not trying to flip the car, then pay what you think it's worth, and start spending money to bring it to the condition you want. Very rarely have I ever got my money, plus a profit, for any cars that I've built and sold. This hobby is a labor of love for the majority of us.

I like the answer where he said, if the car is worth $30000 with a total high end resto, start THERE and figure backwards!!!!! unless you do LOTS of the work yourself, and have an honest hardworking bodyman, the s eller will need to pay YOU! ???????
documented solid BB 69 numbers match, all docs, 4 speed car, all hard to find parts there, straight decently solid body..... (no pics t get an idea). price is right bid is $7-9, walk on down!!!!!

I like the answer where he said, if the car is worth $30000 with a total high end resto, start THERE and figure backwards!!!!! unless you do LOTS of the work yourself, and have an honest hardworking bodyman, the s eller will need to pay YOU! ???????
documented solid BB 69 numbers match, all docs, 4 speed car, all hard to find parts there, straight decently solid body..... (no pics t get an idea). price is right bid is $7-9, walk on down!!!!!

Thats the truth, if you don't plan to flip its worth what you want to put into it, and understand you probably won't get it back. The 2 quotes for 7000 are probably realistic for someone who is buying it site unseen which we are essentially doing. Also Hagerty I find to quote a little on the high side, they valued my 65 Dart at 8000 and I definitely would not have sold it for that. As I said before if its worth 13,500 + 10% to you then buy it for that because you are right in thinking you won't come across very many more.

The problem is a restoration will run 50grand for something in that condition.

So say thecar is worth 10 grand as it sits? And 60 when done?

The problem is a restoration will run 50grand for something in that condition.

So say thecar is worth 10 grand as it sits? And 60 when done?

we all know there are all levels of restoration and all kinds of priced shops.

if a guy has restored a car before in a certain shop, he has a good idea what it will cost for body/paint work. be it a high end totally 100 % concours deal or just a " get it perfect paint job". if the guy gonna pay a shop to "do it all".? the whole enchilata?? that's where the $50000 bills come from.

majority of people on here I figure that resto this type a car generally farm out the body?paint. the owner pulls the engine and sends it to the machine shop. they pull the inerior and send it off to have the nice repop upholstry and springs done. etc. they install the engine/trans, they do stuff like build the brakes, rear end, driveshaft, front end.... if you have a $80/hr reto shopo do it all, then YA $60000 bill! lets be real.... not everyone has that kind of jack or willing to spend it on an old mopar, rare or not!

it costs basically NO more to resto a big block 69 cuda than a slant 69 cuda. the difference is when rare hard to find expensive parts must be located and paid for..... and the QUALITY of work performed. and who and how much YOU choose to pay for that> AND the initial COST of the project car!???????

Car: $7-9K
Engine rebuild $4-5K
Trans rebuild: $1K
Interior restoration including new skins, carpet, chrome parts and redone dash: $3K-4K
Suspension rebuild: 1.5K
Rear end refresh, rebuild 3rd member, flush and clean axles and housing, wheels, brakes,
tires: $3K
Front brakes, wheels and tires: $1K
Bodywork including rust repair and panel work: $8-10K (Bare minimum)
Paint $6-8K
Glass cleaning /resto: $800.00
Exterior chrome trim polish and repair/replace: $1.2K

This price reflects you doing a lot of the work yourself including removal and reinstallation.

So a rough low ball budget total to buy and restore, would be around: $36.5 to $40K.

If you plan on someone else doing all the labor for tear down and build back then figure another $20-$30K.

I haven't even gotten to the nickle and dime stuff that adds up to more thousands of $$$$.

So how much is it worth to you?

-
Back