1969 'cuda emblem question

-

cuda dad

Reaction score
Well as they say in the mopar world, "never say never"!!! Anyways have/owned 6 çuda package cars and would say they all have the fish emblem. Just like the base Barracuda package they came with the standard Barracuda rear finish panel(argent silver with fish emblem).

I own at this time 2 383-S cars that are factory sport stripe cars ( 383 in the stripe ) and they NEVER had the fish emblem OR the 383-S emblem from the factory!!! One car has 17k original miles, original paint. The other one i have pics in original condition and original fenders with NO fish or 383-S emblem holes!

A supposed known "mopar expert?" told me many years ago that if a formula-S car was ordered with the sport stripe (engine size cut out in the stripe) that the "S" emblem was replaced with the standard fish emblem!

WRONG!!!!! Both my 383-S sport stripe cars ONLY have the Barracuda emblem, NO fish OR 383-S emblem!

I know of and have seen a SURVIVOR 340-S, factory sport stripe car but can't remember the fender emblems. I have pics some where and or can gets pics from the now owner.

SO YES, your car should have the fender "FISH" emblems.....................i have several sets of NOS and or MINT fender fish emblems. Might be willing to sell a set at the rite price for your RARE "cuda? To find a NOS left fish emblem is like the needle in the hay stack!! I've been looking and collecting for MANY YEARS! Repo are junk.

Well as they say in the mopar world, "never say never"!!! Anyways have/owned 6 çuda package cars and would say they all have the fish emblem. Just like the base Barracuda package they came with the standard Barracuda rear finish panel(argent silver with fish emblem).

I own at this time 2 383-S cars that are factory sport stripe cars ( 383 in the stripe ) and they NEVER had the fish emblem OR the 383-S emblem from the factory!!! One car has 17k original miles, original paint. The other one i have pics in original condition and original fenders with NO fish or 383-S emblem holes!

A supposed known "mopar expert?" told me many years ago that if a formula-S car was ordered with the sport stripe (engine size cut out in the stripe) that the "S" emblem was replaced with the standard fish emblem!

WRONG!!!!! Both my 383-S sport stripe cars ONLY have the Barracuda emblem, NO fish OR 383-S emblem!

I know of and have seen a SURVIVOR 340-S, factory sport stripe car but can't remember the fender emblems. I have pics some where and or can gets pics from the now owner.

SO YES, your car should have the fender "FISH" emblems.....................i have several sets of NOS and or MINT fender fish emblems. Might be willing to sell a set at the rite price for your RARE "cuda? To find a NOS left fish emblem is like the needle in the hay stack!! I've been looking and collecting for MANY YEARS! Repo are junk.
I read somewhere that in 1969, the 340 and 383 cars did not come with the fender fish due to the engine call out badges (or stripe engine call out as you pointed out). I believe even non Formula S cars had 340-S or 383-S badges in lieu of fish which caused some confusion in itself. I agree with you regarding the 69 cuda having fish emblems on the fenders. I'm thinking the pictures that I posted are pre-production (note the W23) and therefore may not yet have incorporated the smaller 69 fish.

I agree with BB-Dave.

Cuda' package cars had the fender script and fish emblem.

S cars with sport stripe only had the script.

S cars with stripe delete or accent stripe got the script and 340-383-S badges as well.

Base models got script and fish.

There is the oddball 340 non S car that got the 340-S badge as well even though it was not a formula-S car. They also had argent grills and tail panels.

The 383 could only be had in S or Cuda' package so only the Cuda' package got the fish.

The barracuda I bought from my uncle ( he's had since new) formula s 383 only had the script on the fenders. It also had the long stripes with 383 in it.

And for sure they all had the 2 holes in the passenger fender for the Be-Loved Pentastar!

And..

The base model could be had with a sport stripe (No CID Call out), but still got the Fish.

Attachments

• MOD shoot.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 105
  • MOD shoot 6.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 104
i agree with bb-dave.

Cuda' package cars had the fender script and fish emblem.

S cars with sport stripe only had the script.

S cars with stripe delete or accent stripe got the script and 340-383-s badges as well.

Base models got script and fish.

There is the oddball 340 non s car that got the 340-s badge as well even though it was not a formula-s car. They also had argent grills and tail panels.

The 383 could only be had in s or cuda' package so only the cuda' package got the fish.

x2

-
Back