[WANTED] 1969 Dart rallye woodgrain steering wheel.

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard the repop isn’t correct. I believe the spokes are shiny instead of satin. I will look for the one on eBay.
I agree it's a beautiful steering wheel but the spokes are high chrome. Good luck. If you don't find one before the Indy swap remind me. I will see if the guy that has restored steering wheels is there.

I don’t really want to pay $800 for a reproduction that isn’t correct. I will let you know if I find one.

Problem is that original wheels are 55 years old. Over time the plastic is subjected to heat, cold, sunlight etc.etc The plastic shrinks, cracks. Spokes rust, pit, tarnish. Now the wheel looks crappy on a restored car. It either gets restored as well or it's put up for sale . Usually for too much money. If you want an original wheel you have to compromise on something or pay crazy prices. That said I've seen cores starting around $300 and up. Just my opinion, yours might differ

I know this depends on condition, but does anyone know how much it cost to have an original wheel restored?

Looks like this

7A0E040F-EE94-4F90-BB0E-50F09B4409B4.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back