1969 dart reveal kit has two clip types

-

AlV

Crabs in a barrel
Reaction score
Greetings I am about to install the windshield trim reveal clips and noticed there are two types in the kit.

On large bag with clips and a smaller bag with 4 clips. the smaller bag has clips that are slightly different than the clips in the large bag.

I'm wondering Where the 4 different clips go.

This photo for illustration, I found it online.

Thanks
AlV

Attachments

• rev clip.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 520
I am glad you pointed that out in the kit, because I didn't even notice in the kit I just purchased. My kit has about 18 clips like the ones on the bottom of your picture (with a tab on each side) and 5 clips with the tab on only one side.

yes, in addition to the tabs the screw holes are elongated on the single tab pieces and the double tabs are wider and shorter.

My best guess is that the double tab pieces are supposed to go where the trim seams are but it would be nice to know for sure.

Thank you C! i did a search on trim clips and reveal and "Body and Trim" but that thread didn't come up.
Much appreciated!

I installed the 4 oddballs at each end of the cowl (2 per side) as per the other post.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 376
My concern is mine are the exact opposite in numbers to yours. My oddball clips are the handfull that have only one tab. Also, strangely enough, the new roof section that I put on my car has no predrilled holes for any of these clips (I don't even know how that could be). Needless to say, can those holes just be drilled out around the window frame and how do you set the correct depth for the clips?

Man that's strange, it's got to make a difference otherwise why manufacture two of them. Where did you buy the clips?

As far as the holes I would drill em.

The clips came from 521 Restorations. I assumed they have to be right. Is there a trick to setting the depth of the clips when drilling my holes for mounting? AlV, do you think you could snap me a couple of pictures of your clips so that I can see their placement in the window frame?

Man that's strange, it's got to make a difference otherwise why manufacture two of them. Where did you buy the clips?

As far as the holes I would drill em.

The clips came from 521 Restorations. I assumed they have to be right. Is there a trick to setting the depth of the clips when drilling my holes for mounting? AlV, do you think you could snap me a couple of pictures of your clips so that I can see their placement in the window frame?

You got it. Give me a day to post pictures up.
I'll try to get you measurements for the clip spacing and the hole centers.

Hey VADart let me know if this help

FB4CA775-BBEC-41ED-8E9C-5CED3EC146F7_zpshxlpiii7.png

07529068-24B5-4385-8C98-0A280101504B_zpsuqtcvylb.png

F90E4025-D4A6-480A-A283-EF49C0439E92_zpsijvmylpc.png

11905AF6-C4DC-47E8-9A44-9FF5EF8BBC8C_zps8vjtjlzv.png

FB0D3A0A-9A6D-44EE-8AB0-F3238A6C5606_zpsc0ui7w7a.png

E9212A57-1A57-4D94-8891-20A52DAF8C8A_zps7kz4e1zd.png

67D75697-9D8A-4A22-997B-6CB67356375F_zpsjxkx65mw.png

yes, Check it out.

4A8F1BA6-7B3A-4A78-8155-7A84DF8D1333_zpst3zwvxhu.png

I also found the baggy with my old clips and all of them were double tab type. I don't know what to think,. Maybe it doesn't matter.

I guess it'll be an exciting time when I install the moldings. lol

Much appreciated. Any chance you could snap me a picture of the side frame where the clips are mounted and the lower frame channel? It looks like to me that the lower channel is deeper than the channel across the top of the windshield.

-
Back